Cruise Ship Special from Hobart: Mt Wellington and Tahune AirWalk with free WiFi
Note: This product is specifically for Cruise Ship passengers. Land based customers should access product 13015P8, as this product is only available when Cruise Ships are in port.
Take in stunning views of Hobart from the summit of Mount Wellington. On a clear day you’ll enjoy panoramic views all the way to the D'Entrecasteaux Channel and Bruny Island. This sightseeing tour will also take you along the shore of the Derwent River to view the historic buildings of Salamanca Place and Battery Point, together with an insight into the history of the area. Take the old road to Huonville and Geeveston to the Tahune AirWalk. Should weather preclude the running of the trip up the mountain, you will take the scenic coastal route to the Huon Valley. Highlights include a visit to the Shot Tower, the Australian Antarctic Division Headquarters and the Channel Heritage Centre, en-route to the Tahune AirWalk.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
What's included :
- Chilled bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or small bus
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Tahune Adventures
- Entry/Admission - Wooden Boat Centre
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tahune Adventures, Arve Road, Geeveston, Tasmania 7116 Australia
To be completed
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mount Wellington, Pinnacle Road, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
Travel to the summit of Mt. Wellington to experience magnificant views over Hobart and the River Derwent.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Wooden Boat Centre, 3333 Huon Hwy, Franklin, Tasmania 7113 Australia
Optional stop. Customers can experience the workshop where craftsmen build wooden boats.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Willie Smith's Apple Shed, 2064 Huon Hwy, Grove, Tasmania 7109 Australia
Optional stop for afternoon tea. Visit the apple museum.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Mac 2, 18 Hunter St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Meeting point is next to the information desk within the cruise terminal between 8:30 am and 9:00 am, for departure by 9:00 am. Our staff will be wearing bright green tunics for ease of identification. Groups need to arrive together in order to be seated on the same bus. As buses are filled, they depart.Ports
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This product is specifically for Cruise Ship passengers. Land based customers should access product 13015P8.
- All customers, at time of booking (or prior to pick-up): it is very important to provide a mobile number (incl. area code), if possible.
- Passengers to provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A fair amount of walking is involved but transport can be provided up to the AirWalk itself, for those who do not wish to undertake the walking trails.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately - it is always cold at the summit
- We are aware that Cruise Ship passengers need to return to their ship in time for departure. We aim to arrive at least 30 to 60-minutes prior to the stipulated time. Customers should confirm this time with their tour guide on the day.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.