Cruise Excursion: Newcastle - 2,000 years and counting!
Make the most of your time when visiting the North East of England and embark on a fascinating tour of Newcastle.
Board your private vehicle and travel through some of the suburbs into the city centre of Newcastle. Here begin a leisurely walking tour of this 2,000 year old city and discover its heritage (cathedral, castle), former industrial prowess, fabulous architecture, beautiful riverscape and the culture hub it is today. Understand the past, present and future of this vibrant place...
Later, return to port via the Riverside Route along the river Tyne passing some small parts of Hadrian's Wall at its final military fort Segedunum.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional tourist guide
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Tour times to suit your ship schedule
- Guaranteed return to your ship at least one hour before ship departure
What's excluded :
- Transportation during the walking tour
- Entry/Admission - Grey's Monument
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: St James' Park, 1 Barrack Road Strawberry Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4SE England
The home of Newcastle United Football Club and one of the largest buildings in the very heart of the city (and people)
Pass By: The Chinese Arch, St. Andrews Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 5SE England
See the Chinese arch marking the entrance to Chinatown in Newcastle.
Stop At: Central Arcade, Grainger Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 5AF England
Experience this beautiful shopping arcade.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Grey's Monument, 26 Grey Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 6AE England
He of the tea! See him in full glory in the heart of the bustling city centre
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Grainger Town, Grainger Street Newcastle city centre, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 5AF England
The beautiful architecture that is Grainger Town! Marvel at the buildings and enjoy visits to Grainger Market or Central Arcade (dependent on opening times).
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Grainger Market, Grainger Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 5QQ England
Visit (if open - closed Sundays) the large indoor market and discover the world's oldest and smallest Marks & Spencer. Experience the original weigh house and wander through this Victorian market.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Newcastle Cathedral, St Nicholas Square, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 1PF England
Visit this medieval cathedral and discover the history and architecture of this beautiful city centre cathedral church.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Newcastle Castle, The Black Gate Castle Garth Castle Garth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 1RQ England
Walk through the grounds of this once mighty stronghold guarding the city
Stop At: The Quayside, Quayside, Newcastle upon Tyne England
Marvel at the historic Quayside - home to several cafes, breweries, restaurants, Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art, Sage Gateshead, Live Theatre and 7 bridges spanning the river Tyne
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art, Gateshead Quays South South Shore Road, Gateshead NE8 3BA England
Enter Baltic, one of the UK's largest contemporary art galleries - and one of the best views in town!
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Segedunum Roman Fort and Museum, 2 Buddle Street, Wallsend NE28 6EH England
Pass by the final fort on Hadrian's Wall and also see the original line and replica of the Wall itself.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will personally meet you at the cruise terminal (straight outside the security area) and take you to your private chauffeured vehicle. Look out for your guide holding a sign with your name on it.Ports
- Port of Tyne Cruise Terminal
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/1/2020 - 10/23/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- If you require wheelchair accessibility, please advise us at booking.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.