Cruise and Visit of Grosse-Ile
Shrouded in mystery and inaccessible for decades, Grosse-Ile unveils its secrets. Accompanied by Parks Canada guides, visit what was once a human quarantine station to counter epidemics and a transition point for four million immigrants between 1832 and 1937, and meet "Nurse Sarah Wade".
-Choose one of the four theme tours in high season, or take a guided tour of the three areas in the low season;
-Meet nurse Sarah Wade at the quarantine station;
-Look up the names of your ancestors on the memorial;
-Visit the island's must-sees with a Parks Canada guide;
-Enjoy the guided cruise by the Lachance captains.
per adult from
What's included :
- Admission to Parks Canada site
- Guided tour of Gross Ile
- Entry/Admission - Grosse Ile and the Irish Memorial National Historic Site
- Entry/Admission - Croisières Lachance
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grosse Ile and the Irish Memorial National Historic Site, 110 Rue de la Marina La Grosse-Ile, Quebec G0R 1P0 Canada
Accompanied by Parks Canada guides, visit what was once a human quarantine station to counter epidemics and a transition point for four million immigrants between 1832 and 1937, and meet "Nurse Sarah Wade".
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Croisières Lachance, 110 Rue de la Marina, Berthier-sur-Mer, QC G0R 1E0, Canada
Travel on our boat the Vent des Illes, a superb, two-deck craft, able to accommodate 170 passengers. The lower deck features a dining room and lounge. On the upper deck, you’ll find the wheelhouse and solarium allowing passengers to admire the beauty of the scenery while remaining inside, sheltered from the sun. For those who prefer the feel of the breeze, an outside walk is perfect for sitting in the fresh air.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :110 Rue de la Marina, Berthier-sur-Mer, QC G0R 1E0, Canada
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 150 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Lors de l’embarquement, tous les clients doivent répondre à quelques courtes questions sur leur état de santé actuel, afin de s’assurer qu’ils ne présentent pas un facteur de risque pour les autres passagers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.