Crossing Vikos Gorge
The Vikos Gorge has been designated as a world geopark by UNESCO. Τhe route has almost no elevation differences making it ideal for exploration by the whole family!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Walking or hiking baton (optionally) and backpack.
- Video & Photos
- Lunch - Visitors will be charged according to the restaurant's menu.
What's excluded :
Most of the route has no elevation differences except for the start (downhill) and the end of it (uphill). In the middle of the trail visitors may refill their canteens from a spring. At the end of the trail a tour of the nearby Voidomatis springs and the monastery of Panagia will be provided. Visitors also have the chance to swim in Voidomatis cold blue waters and drink water from the springs.
Trekking time is about 6 – 8 hours.
Difficulty level: moderate.
Equipment needed: mountain sports shoes or hiking boots, waterproof jacket, canteen, walking or hiking baton (optionally) and backpack.
Departure Point :Monodendri 440 07, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
Transportation by car, to and from the activities, is optional and price depends on the distance.Airports
- Ioannina Airport, Ioannina Greece
- Aktion Airport, Preveza Greece
- Igoumenitsa Ferry Port, E55, Igoumenitsa 461 00, Greece
- Preveza Marina, Amvrakikos Kolpos, Greece
- Lefkas Marina S.A., East Shore, Lefkada 311 00, Greece
- Unnamed Road, Parga 480 60, Greece
- Sivota Marina, Syvota 461 00, Greece
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.