Crete Amazing places Rethymno - Margarites - Arkadi
Full of archaeological sites, Byzantine churches, quaint villages, Rethymno is one of the most beautiful places in Crete
per adult from
1 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English speaking driver
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottle of water for each passenger in the vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Monastery of Arkadi
- Entry/Admission - Rethymnon Old Town
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Oficial tour guide (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Margarites, Margarites, Rethymnon Prefecture, Crete
Margarites is undoubtedly the most important pottery centre in western Crete. Visitors can still visit the remains of stone-built workshops and pottery kilns that once produced all of the necessary household utensils, including storage vessels, ritual vases, and even toys. Nowadays, modern ceramic workshops produce a variety of utilitarian and decorative objects.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Monastery of Arkadi, Arkadi, Rethymnon, Crete 74100 Greece
The Arkadi Monastery has a unique natural beauty, a prestigious history, numerous legends deeply rooted in the time, heirlooms and thesaurus richness. Possibly because the old is livelier than the new, and the modern is often more mature than the aged. Each pilgrim and visitor feel something which is exclusively his, personal, original in his experiential and spiritual experience.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Rethymnon Old Town, Rethymnon, Crete Greece
Venetian fortification works mingle harmonically with orthodox and Catholic churches, mosques, majestic mansions of Venetian architecture, arches and cobbled paths which create a magical atmosphere, reminiscence of the city’s turbulent –yet glorious– past.
A Venetian harbour area is a fine place for a coffee at one of the cafes and perhaps you will chance to eat there, just for the atmosphere. The Fortress dominates the city and makes Rethymno very photogenic, it's pedestrian streets below, strewn with charming old buildings.
Duration: 2 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Suppliers and travellers coordinate start times within the given time periods.Airports
- Heraklion Airport N. Kazantzakis, Heraklion 716 01, Greece
- Rethymno Palace, Adelianos Kampos, Rethymno 741 00, Greece
- Heraklion Port Passenger Station, Leof. Nearchou, Iraklio 713 07, Greece
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.