Craftsmen Workshop Tour in Florence
Discover a city full of life, which is always restless and ready to produce unique works of art. Explore craftmen shops with a local expert and get tips from a local
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Ponte Vecchio, 50125, Florence Italy
From the 13th century, the city has been trying to keep traditions as intact as possible. This tour will take you to discover the craftsmen who have given so much fame to the city: from the glassmakers to the artists of the " canary ", from leather goods to jewelry, from paper makers to framers.
Starting from the Old Bridge we will cross all the Oltrarno, visiting the sites of significant art (Church of Santa Felicita, with its frescoes by Pontormo and Bronzino, the Church of the Holy Spirit, with the crucifix by Michelangelo, the Church of Santa Maria del Carmine with the Brancacci Chapel, a masterpiece by Masaccio and Masolino).
We won't resist entering the shops of Via Maggio, Borgo San Frediano and Piazza Torquato Tasso and in the many workshops of decorators, cabinetmakers, silversmiths , bronze workers, weavers, potters, weavers of tapestries, all holders of a wisdom and creativity that, over time, Florence has preserved and enhanced as a vital asset at our disposal.
The words of Eugenio Montale ( Nobel Prize for literature ) are still alive:" . . . In Florence . . . I found a different nature, imbued with the work and thought of man. I understood what it was and can be a civilization. "
Pass By: Basilica di Santo Spirito, Piazza Santo Spirito 30, 50125, Florence Italy
Pass By: Via Maggio, Florence Italy
Pass By: Santa Maria del Carmine, Piazza del Carmine, 50124, Florence Italy
Pass By: Cappella Brancacci, Piazza del Carmine Chiesa di Santa Maria del Carmine, 50124, Florence Italy
Pass By: Oltrarno, Florence Italy
Pass By: Church of Santa Felicita, Piazza di Santa Felicita 3 Oltrarno, 50125, Florence Italy
Departure Point :Piazza della Signoria, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Confirmation received at time of booking
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.