Countryside Safari Tour Half Day Punta Cana
Get to know the Dominican countryside aboard a safari-style vehicle on this guided day trip from Punta Cana. Up in the Anamuya mountains, visit an old sugar plantation to see different methods of harvesting sugar and watch a cigar-rolling demo by artisans who’ve been in the business for years. Visit and relax on a river at the mountain. Go inside a Dominican home to meet a local family are all part of this off-the-beaten-track tour.
° Master craftsme will show you the proper way of rolling a cigar
° See typical Dominican villages
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Bavaro Beach
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bavaro Beach, Bavaro, Punta Cana Dominican Republic
Hop aboard an open-air safari-style truck from your Punta Cana or Bavaro hotel, and set out into the Anamuya mountains. During the rollicking ride, soak up the stunning seascapes and tropical countryside, dotted with pastel-colored cottages. As your knowledgeable guide provides engaging commentary, look out for horses, donkeys, hens and bulls grazing or resting in the shade.
Then, take to the lush agricultural landscapes by horseback, on an easygoing 25-minute ride through the sprawling grounds of a trapiche, or classic sugar plantation.
In addition to rum, the Dominican Republic is well-known for its cigars. At the trapiche, listen to generations-old master craftsmen explain how they harvest tobacco and roll them into sought-after cigars.
Break for lunch at a mountaintop restaurant pavilion, and dig into a delicious buffet with refreshing beer, smooth rum and non-alcoholic drinks to accompany your meal.
Then, visit a typical Dominican home to meet a local family and taste beloved treats such as just-plucked tropical fruits, freshly brewed organic coffee and pure cacao. Want something with more kick? Try a mamajuana, a Dominican drink of rum, red wine and honey.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can arrange meeting points for almost anywhere in the area. If you do not see your hotel on the list and you are staying at Bavaro, Punta Cana, Macao, Uvero Alto, Cortecito, Cabeza de Toro or its surroundings, we can definitely arrange a meeting point to pick you up.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We reserve the right to refuse or accept a client who has presented fever, dry cough and respiratory difficulties, the day before the tour and the day of the tour, to participate in our excursions. Our vehicles will be reduced to 50% of their capacity. Tourists is recommended to use masks
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.