Countryside cycling expedition and southern street food – Galle
Taking a day trip to Galle and its outskirts is an experience that can get you up close and personal to the South’s largest and most important city. There is an array of exciting things to do in Galle and the best way to explore this city is on two wheels. Take a ride amid the stunning scenery in Galle town and its suburbs, through paddy fields, tea estates and rubber and cinnamon plantations.You get an opportunity to visit the low country tea factory – Kahanda Kanda Tea Factory Get up close and observe the interesting daily routines of villagers and city dwellers in Galle.
There are dozens of culturally and historically significant places to visit in Galle. Track all the major attractions in the region including Unawatuna Beach, the Rumassala mountain and the world-famous Galle Dutch Fort. You can explore the colonial background that shaped the region and the country from the 16th to the 20th centuries.Experience the diverse climatic conditions in southern Sri Lanka.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Cycles, including helmets
- Bottled water
- Packed snacks and refreshments for the tour
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Tips for the staff
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Galle Fort, Church Street, Galle 80000 Sri Lanka
The Galle Fort is not an abandoned old fort. There is a permanent population that lives within its walls. It includes several places of worship, a school, several high-end restaurants and bars, star-class hotels, and a range of quaint boutiques that sell gems, trinkets, and handicrafts including exciting museums.
Stop At: Kahaduwa, Sri Lanka
The first stop is at the tea factory at Kahanda Kanda. This factory gives you a glance at how low-country tea is processed from raw leaves all the way to its final form with a peak at how a co-ordinated effort gets the tea from the lush green plantations to a teacup.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Koggala Lake, Koggala 80506 Sri Lanka
The serene Koggala Lake, being the next stop, is a place to rejuvenate and take on a boat ride around the lake. The Koggala Lake is dotted with hundreds of tiny islands, some of them large enough to be inhabited. Amongst many key features, the marshland that surrounds the lake is the main attraction with several dozen species of rare and colourful birds, especially during the migrant season.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Milidduwa, Galle, Sri Lanka
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.