Costa Maya Shore Excursion: Chacchoben Small Group Tour with Food & Drinks
This tour brings to life the most popular attraction of Chacchoben when porting in Costa Maya in a small group offering luxury extras such as Canoe, Kayak, food and drinks. Book early to make sure you are part of the fun.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- All Entrance Fees
- Three Mexican tacos (beef, chicken and al pastor) and your choice of 3 beverages.
- Kayak and canoe rental is included
- Guarantee to get back to the ship on time
- Small Group
- Entry/Admission - Lake Bacalar
What's excluded :
- There is a fee to use a video camera at the archeological site (not included, approximately $4 US
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chacchoben, Chacchoben, Yucatan Peninsula
The Chacchoben luxury Small Group Tour is a must for cruise guests looking to see the main attraction at a lower cost than the cruise lines.
Departing Costa Maya, you will drive approximately 50 minutes to reach your first stop, the ruins of Chacchoben. The first human settlements in the area of Chacchoben have been dated as early as 1000 B.C. Evidence collected during excavations shows that most of the structures restored were built around the years 300-360 A.D. and were modified up to five times during their history.
Today, Chacchoben still keeps most of its secrets covered with vegetation, offering visitors a unique opportunity to experience its magic and feel the energy of an ancient city.
The ceremonial center of the site covers an area of nearly six square kilometers in an area known as the "Region of the Lakes," due to the number of lagoons.
Your professional guide will bring Chacchoben to life as they describe the history of the city and allows you to discover its past and present.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Lake Bacalar, Bacalar Mexico
We then head to the stunning Seven Color Lagoon or formally called Lake Bacalar. The lake is around 50 miles long and is a greta choice for kayaking, canoeing, windsurfing, sailing, and swimming. Kayak and canoe rental is included on your Costa Maya tour, so grab a paddle and head out!
A large range of birds can be seen at Laguna Azul, including toucans. During your stop, a short jungle walk through the trails near Laguna Azul will also be offered. Guests can choose to do all activities or just relax and enjoy the view from under the shade of a cabana. A light lunch is served.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Costa Maya Port Mexico, Avenida Paseo del Puerto, Mahahual, Q.R., Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
Full details will come through on your voucher 14 days before your cruise.Ports
- Costa Maya
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 11/5/2019 - 12/31/2020
1/1/2021 - 12/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 AM Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.