Cooking with Local Family Experience in Kochi
Visit a home in Fort Kochi, Kerala, India for a 3-hour, interactive cooking session and lunch/dinner. With the lady of the house, prepare the cuisine of Kerala, which offers a variety of both vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes, prepared using fish, poultry, and red meat with rice as a typical accompaniment. Hotel or Cochin Cruise Port pickup and drop-off included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Cooking class
- Lunch/dinner, depending on the class time selected
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- In this tasteful tour, visit a local home in Fort Kochi for an interactive cooking session and lunch or dinner, depending on the time of day. The cooking session will be led by the lady of the house. Typically the menu includes a starter such as idiappam (string hoppers) or fish fry, then vegetables, chicken curry, rice, vellai-appam (pancakes), and more. The menu varies depending on the season and what’s fresh in the market on the particular day.
Although the instructor is not a professional chef, learn a lot about Malayali cuisine because of the interactive and friendly nature of the session. This tour also provides a chance to visit a local home, see what family life is like, and chat about daily life in the city.
After cooking, enjoy the meal together with the family. The day's events end with a drop-off at a local hotel or the Cochin Cruise Port.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel in Kochi or Cochin Cruise PortPorts
- Cochin International Cruise Terminal, 27, Indira Gandhi Rd, Willingdon Island, Kochi, Kerala 682003, India
Departure Time :10am for morning class
2pm for afternoon class
Please specify preference when booking
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 17 years old
- A minimum of two people per booking is required
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time, and reboarding time
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.