Cooking Lesson and Gourmet Colombian Meal with a Professional Chef in Bogota
Step into Camilo and Juan's professional kitchen at their gastronomic production center. You will learn to cook two or three traditional Colombian dishes, such as arepas (typical corn cakes), patacones (fried plantains) or hogao (a traditional Colombian sauce) with a modern twist. Please note that the dishes you might cook and the menu varies daily based on the season and ingredient availability. During your private, hands-on cooking experience they will show you Colombian cooking techniques and teach you how to use local ingredients to create Colombian flavors. Camilo and Juan love cooking Colombian food together. An uncle and nephew duo, they represent a new generation of Colombian cooks who are working to introduce their country’s cuisine and culture to the world. Don't miss out on their local, vibrant and visually appealing meals and the great opportunity to learn from locals and enjoy a delicious, local cuisine with them!
per adult from
What's included :
- Private cooking class + meal with your hosts Camilo and Juan
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Camilo, a professional chef and Juan host at a professional kitchen space where you will cook together. Using traditional techniques and regional ingredients, Camilo and Juan put a modern twist on classic Colombian dishes. The food is local, vibrant and visually appealing. Camilo shops daily at the local market to ensure that they use the freshest ingredients at the peak of ripeness. A possible meal could begin with a Colombian soup or salad such as mote (typical sweet potato and cheese soup) or ensalada con aguacate (salad with avocado) before you’ll enjoy a main dish such as posta negra (tender stewed beef, Colombian-style) and arepas. You will conclude your culinary experience with a mouthwatering dessert. This is a great opportunity to learn from professional locals who are passionate about introducing their cuisine and culture to their guests!
Departure Point :Bogota, Bogota
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- Please note, this is not a commercial cooking class, rather this is an experience with Bogotá locals who are professional cooks and will share Colombian culture and cuisine with you.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.