Connemara and Cong Village Day Trip from Dublin
Visit the stunning land of Connemara with its mountains, lakes and unspoilt views. The romantic castle that is now Kylemore Abbey and the wildest of the beaten path routes through Lough NaFooey valley, Cong village and so much more. You will be taken on a journey not only by air-conditioned coach but by the stories and history, humor and passion that your guides have for this region.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional Local Driver/Guide
- Live commentary on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance Fee to Kylemore Abbey & Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Kylemore Abbey & Victorian Walled Garden
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kylemore Abbey & Victorian Walled Garden, Connemara On the N59 between Clifden and Westport, Kylemore Ireland
Kylemore Abbey Fee is €10 extra ( from 1st January 2020) !! Kylemore Abbey is a Benedictine monastery founded in 1920 on the grounds of Kylemore Castle, in Connemara, County Galway, Ireland. The abbey was founded for Benedictine Nuns who fled Belgium in World War I. Visit the largest walled Victorian gardens in Ireland
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ross Errily Friary, Headford Ireland
Founded in 1351 AD, it represents one of the finest medieval Franciscan monasteries in Ireland. It is located just outside the small town of Headford, on the banks of the Black River, in area of rolling pasture-land. The friary contains an extensive range of buildings, most of which date from the 15th century.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Killary Fjord, Leenane Ireland
Killary Harbour is Ireland’s only true fjord and extends 16km (10 miles) in from the Atlantic to its head at Aasleagh, below Aasleagh falls. It forms the border between Galway and Mayo and boasts some of the most spectacular scenery in the west of Ireland.
Killary Harbour is also extremely deep, over 45m at its centre. This offers a very safe, sheltered anchorage, because of the depth and the mountains to the south and north. It is a centre for shellfish farming, and strings of ropes used to grow mussels are visible for much of its length. To the north lies Mweelrea, the highest mountain in Connacht and County Mayo. To the south are the Twelve Bens and the Maumturk Mountains of Connemara. Majestic views greet the visitor from all directions.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Royal Abbey of Cong, Cong Ireland
Cong was also the filming location for the 1952 Oscar winning movie, ‘The Quiet Man’ which starred John Wayne and Maureen O’Hara. Filmed on the grounds of Ashford Castle, the movie has continued to resonate in the area and is still a major tourist attraction. Cong also has a fine example of a ruined medieval abbey, where Rory O'Connor, the last High King of Ireland, is reputed to have died. It also contains Celtic art in the form of a metal cross shrine called the Cross of Cong, which shows Viking influences. The 'Cross of Cong' is now held in the National Museum of Ireland, Dublin.It is now possible to discover the Monks fishing house which is renowned as a place for fishing and meditation. Underground streams connect Lough Corrib with Lough Mask to the north while for nature lovers, the Abbey grounds have many specimens of Yew.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Tourist Information Centre O' Connell St, O'Connell St Tourist Information Centre, 14 Upper O'Connell Street Upper, North City, Dublin, D01 WP59, Ireland
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Seats are not assigned
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.