Concert - Vivaldis Four Seasons: St. Michael's Church, Vienna
Be enchanted by the Emperor Quartet Vienna and virtuoso soloists in the breathtaking acoustics of the Michaelerkirche in Vienna, where Mozart's Requiem premiered. You will also hear those parts of the Mozart Requiem in quartet version which were premiered in the Michaelerkirche on the occasion of Mozart's own Death Mass .
per adult from
1 hour 5 minutes
What's included :
- Classical concert at St. Michael's Church
- Admission 30 minutes before the concert starts
- concert starts at 7:30pm
- Free choice of seats with each category
- Your instantly receice your booking confirmation and you ticket
- Entry/Admission - St. Michael's Church
What's excluded :
- A concert programme may be bought
- A CD may be bought
- Visit: St. Michael's Church, Michaelerplatz 4-5, Vienna 1010 Austria
In addition to Antonio Vivaldi’s most famous work, The Four Seasons, a parable of Life and Death, parts of Mozart’s Requiem in quartet version, that were first performed at St. Michael's Church on 10 December 1791 during the funeral mass for Vienna’s beloved composer, will be played.
In 1740, a poor Vivaldi arrived in Vienna, with high hopes for patronage from the Emperor. Only ten months after his arrival, Vivaldi passed away and was therefore buried in Vienna. Vivaldi, the virtuous Violinist and Opera Composer, understood like no other how to create art with music, pieces which still fascinate and captivate us to this day. His four violin concertos achieved musical perfection, and where all extremely well received.
St. Michael's Church is centrally located next to the Hofburg in Vienna's city center on one of the most beautiful squares in the city and it is one of the oldest and most interesting churches in Vienna. It captivates the visitor with its interior as well as with its breathtaking acoustics, which provide an intimate setting for concerts.
Meet the Emperor Quartet Vienna, where great experience meets young esprit, where masterful interpretation is passed on to the next generation, where the joy of playing music together is passed on to the audience, and where programmes are prepared and arranged with great attention to detail. Members of the Emperor Quartet Vienna play in the most important and most famous orchestras in Vienna, teach at universities and conservatories - many of them also perform as soloists regularly. In the Emperor Quartet Vienna they share the joy of making music together.
Departure Point :St. Michael's Church, Michaelerplatz 4-5, Vienna 1010 Austria
Departure Time :7:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.