Comprehensive Bogota Old City Tour + Salt Cathedral (Or Only Transport)
✓ Enjoy a thoroughly designed-all-included experience that unveils a comprehensive array of the must-see places in La Candelaria, Bogota's Old Town.
Plus, you will visit the Zipaquira Salt Cathedral—a globally-recognized attraction and the First Wonder in Colombia, known as the Jewel of Modern Architecture. A savvy guide will let you in on its enthralling history.
per adult from
12 to 13 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel Pickup & Drop-off (Air-conditioned Vehicle)
- Professional Guide
- Entrance Fees
- Medical Insurance
- Souvenirs, Bottled Water, and Snacks
- Hooded raincoat (if needed)
- Entry/Admission - Mount Monserrate
- Entry/Admission - Gold Museum (Museo del Oro)
- Entry/Admission - Barrio La Candelaria
- Entry/Admission - Catedral de Sal de Zipaquira
What's excluded :
- Any private expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any additional hour or fraction of an hour will cost $50.000 COP (per group)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Monserrate, Carrera 2 E No. 21-48 Paseo Bolívar, Bogota Colombia
After the hotel pickup at 8 a.m, listen as the guide allows you insights into the city and shares curious facts about Colombian culture.
Upon arriving at Mount Monserrate, take the cable car and gaze at the stunning scenery of the mountain. Its rich history goes back centuries due to it used to be a sacred place for the indigenous communities. Enjoy the best view of Bogota from the 2nd highest lookout spot in the city (10.341 ft). Stroll through the Sanctuary and hear commentary on its colonial architecture.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Gold Museum (Museo del Oro), Carrera 6 No.15-88, Bogota 110321 Colombia
Look in on the most extensive pre-Hispanic goldsmith collection worldwide—located just at the heart of Bogota—and hear in-depth commentary on its history and cultural value.
The museum gathers about 34,000 pieces of goldsmith’s work and 20,000 lithic objects, ceramics, textiles and precious stones belonging to several indigenous communities from all over the country. (Closed on Mondays)
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Museo Botero del Banco de la Republica, Calle 11 No. 4-41, Bogota 250051 Colombia
Browse through the 208 artworks in the Botero Museum Gallery, whose worth estimated at 200 million USD. Of course, its cultural value is priceless.
Stroll through the corridors of this charming colonial house and find out why the Botero museum is one of the five most prestigious public international art collections in Latin America. By the way, the museum safeguards one of the most valuable religious treasures in the continent—The Lettuce. That's something you don't want to miss out!
The Gallery brings together such renowned artists as Picasso, Leger, Renoir, Monet, Dali, Giacometti, Beckmann, Freud, Calder, and Bacon. (Closed on Tuesdays)
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Barrio La Candelaria, Calle 10 # 0 15 Bogota, Colombia Llegando por avenida circunvalar preferiblemente., Bogota 111711 Colombia
Stroll through the old streets in the Historical Center, whose colonial architecture holds an unparalleled charm for history and culture lovers. Take in the magnificent traditional houses that are still standing from the Spaniard colony. Listen to in-depth commentary from your savvy guide. Enjoy the local cuisine at a typical restaurant.
Gaze at the incredible graffiti that in their way brighten with life and color the walls around the area and highlight the biodiversity and cultural wealth through numerous techniques and styles.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Catedral de Sal de Zipaquira, Carrera 6 Calle 1 Parque De La Sal, Zipaquira Colombia
Stroll through over 2 km of tunnels of a former salt mine as your guide allows you insights into the carving of the 14 chapels connected by an illuminated labyrinth. Its lighting creates a ravishing experience that is almost magical—even for non-religious people. Hear in-depth commentary on the Cathedral's enthralling architecture, history, and cultural value.
Gaze at the outstanding design of the marble sculptures carved by an Italian artist. Enjoy the captivating reflecting effect produced by the Water Mirrors and the Lighting Show before heading back to Bogota.
Finally, we will leave you in the comfort of your hotel in the evening hours—or the El Dorado international airport.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from most hotels in Bogota and the International Airport. Please provide pickup detailsupon booking. Times are subject to local traffic conditions and hotel location.Airports
- Eldorado Airport, Bogota Colombia
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- For Parche Cachaco Tours, it is crucial to have an excellent relationship with its travelers. Therefore, we are doing everything we can to provide a fun yet safe experience for you.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.