Comprehensive and Great Value Shanghai city tour with Xitang water village
This private tour combines both dynamic Shanghai city tour during the day and beautiful ancient water town visit in Xitang during the evening. It's a great way to experience Shanghai in different angle. During this tour, you will visit Shanghai Old Town, Yu Garden, famous Bund area, Former French concession, Tainzifang and a lot more. This tour itinerary is with flexibility to adjust based on your interests. Private guide, driver, comfortable transfer service, Yu Garden entrance fee, and refreshment at Xitang water village are all inclusive.
per adult from
9 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private guide service
- A comfortable Buick car with private driver
- Dim Sum Lunch (if 12-hour package is selected)
- Refreshment and snacks, light dinner at Xitang water village
- Wine tasting, beer and tea at Xitang water village
- Free 4G wifi available during the tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Yu Garden (Yuyuan)
What's excluded :
- Personal expense
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Meet your friendly private guide in your hotel lobby at 8:30 a.m (12-hour package). or 11:00 a.m (9-hour package) to start your delightful day tour to four major city attraction areas plus Xitang Water Town. You will first visit Shanghai Old Town to see City God Temple bazaar and Yu Garden (a Suzhou style garden built at 1539). Then, continue your city tour by walking to a local Shanghai neighborhood where you can see the allied house built in 1920s and 1930s.
Afterward, start your fun Bund walking tour overlooking the Colonial side of Shanghai as well as the Pudong new area and Lujiazui CBD area with all the skyscrapers. Your guide will share with you how Shanghai developed from a fishing village to a cosmopolitan city. Also hear stories of the opium war that happened behind these magnificent historical building.
Spend some time in former the French Concession to feel the glory of Shanghai's 1930s. Visit the interesting Tianzifang Arts Zone before heading to Xitang Water Town.
In the late afternoon, drive to Xitang Water Town (75 minutes) to see the most beautiful sunset and relax yourself in this ancient water town in the evening. On the way you can appreciate China's countryside scenery and share the culture of Southern Yangtze River regions. Upon arrival, you will see cobbled streets, old buildings, bridges arching over canals, and rowing boats lingering on the river. The movie "Mission Impossible 3" was filmed here in 2005. There are some unique boutiques and handcraft shops for you to browse around. You will enjoy some tasty local snacks before returning back to Shanghai City.
Please note that this tour is 100% flexible to change itinerary based on your interests. Please feel free to discuss with your guide if you want to see anything specifically.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your centrally located hotel in Shanghai
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.