Complete Douro Valley Wine Tour with Lunch, Wine Tastings and River Cruise
Explore the wine culture, through the most complete Douro Valley during a day excursion.
This amazing tour, gives you the opportunity to visit two of the best wine estates in the region and feel the essence of being in the heart of this precious wine region.
You will have the opportunity to learn the history of the wine estates and see all the wine cultivation and production process, being at the source of the Porto Wine. The "birthplace" of this unique nectar!
During the tour enjoy 6 wine tastings while admiring the astonishing landscapes and serenity of the Douro Valley, recognized as World Heritage Site by UNESCO, since 2001.
The guided visit to 2 different wine estates with tastings, a complete traditional lunch with Douro wines and a scenic 50 minutes cruise on the Douro River is included on this full package.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guided visit to 2 wine estates with tastings of diferent wines and port.
- Lunch - Complete Traditional Portuguese Lunch pairing with Douro Wines.
- 50 minutes - Traditional Rebelo cruise departing from Pinhão
- Photo Stop at an amazing viewpoint (of Pinhao)
- Professional Guide
- Transportation by private vehicle
- Hotel Pick up and drop off (when selected)
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Hotel pick up and drop off (not included on TOUR ONLY option)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Porto, Porto, Porto District, Northern Portugal
Your expert guide will collect you from your hotel/accommodation or meeting point and will drive you to the renown Douro region.
On your way to the Douro, the guide will give you insights regarding the Portuguese history, development and cultural facts of portuguese heritage.
Half Way through the drive to the Douro Region we will do a short stop for a coffee break.
Stop At: The Douro Valley, Lugar Da Ponte, Pinhao 5085-060 Portugal
Welcome to the Douro Region, famous for it's valley, Unesco World Heritage site, the oldest demarked wine region with
unique landscapes of vinyards and the magical Douro river giving you the perfect background for a day of amazing wine tastings.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Sabrosa, Sabrosa, Vila Real District, Northern Portugal
Arriving in Sabrosa we will do our first visit of the day.
We will discover the first of two wineries where you learn about the wine production and history of Douro Region, and its wines.
You will have the oportunity to taste different wines before the lunch.
A complete lunch will be served by the end of the visit: a full traditional portuguese meal with entrance, main dish, dessert, pairing with Douro red or white wine.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: São Cristóvão do Douro, 5085 Sabrosa, Portugal
After lunch we will drive through the windy Douro roads on the way to Pinhão and we will do a quick photo stop at one of the most impressive viewpoints of the region. Enjoy the views and share with your friends and collegues on social media!
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Pinhao, Pinhao, Vila Real District, Northern Portugal
It's now time to sail! Enjoy a 50 minutes scenic cruise on the Douro river departing from Pinhão on board of a traditional Rebelo boat.
Duration: 50 minutes
Pass By: N222, Sandim, Portugal
National Road 222: drive through the most beautiful road in the world
Did you know that one of the most beautiful roads in the world is Portuguese? We talk about the Estrada Nacional 222, which takes you to discover the incredible Douro wine region.
On our tour will pass on this amazing road and point out the most scenic views.
Stop At: Folgosa, Folgosa, Porto District, Northern Portugal
Our wine tour is not over yet! There is time to visit one more renown Winery. The winery expert guide will walk you through the estate ,explaining the process from the vinyard to the bottle ending with a magnificent tasting of three different types of wines.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Living Tours, R. de Mouzinho da Silveira 352 354, 4050-418 Porto, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels in Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia city centre when included. The exact pick up time is advised prior the date of the tour.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The cruise is under the responsibility of the cruise operator (subject to weather and navigation conditions)
- Usually our tours run in one language but there are cases of one extras language or more.
- Tours run in small groups between 8 and 27 people
- Duration: the hours of duration are approximate hours, The Tour is subject to local traffic, visit schedules, etc
- Pick up: Free of charge in central Oporto and Vila Nova de Gaia hotels. For private and other types of accommodation the meeting point is at LIVING TOURS PORTO (Rua Mouzinho da Silveira, 352/354 Porto) - next to São Bento train station, Porto
- Reservation is mandatory and requires an email request/confirmation. Bookings must be confirmed at least 48 hours before the date of the service.
- All tours depart from Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia
- The services included in the tours/wine estate visits, restaurants, etc) are subject to 3rd party availability and may change without prior notice.
- Pick up and drop off is not included for the option Tour only.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Certified with the CLEAN AND SAFE by the Portuguese Tourism Board and SAFE TRAVELS certification by the WTTC. Internal Protocol and Contigency plan was implemented with certified training of all staff. Cleaning and desinfecting measures are implemented for all the tranportation and facilities.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.