Colosseum Express: 1 hour Guided Tour Skip-the-line
• Discover the history of the Colosseum and Ancient Rome with a local expert guide
• Skip the long lines to access the Colosseum
Follow in the footsteps of the fearless gladiators and enter the Colosseum with no need to wait in line. Explore the magnificent amphitheater in a small group of no more than 20 people. Get a detailed description of the Colosseum from the outside and then listen to your expert English-speaking guide to discover the rich history of Ancient Rome's most famous symbol. Imagine the gladiators fights, the roaring lions and the noise of the crowd while walking around the 1st and 2nd floor of the Colosseum. Join us for this 1-hour experience that you will never forget: your guide will be at your disposal to answer all your questions!
After the Colosseum guided tour, you will be escorted at the entrance of the Palatine Hill/Roman Forum where you can visit the Forum and Palatine Hill by yourself at your own pace.
PLEASE, READ CAREFULLY ALL THE INFORMATION!
per adult from
What's included :
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Colosseum
- English-speaking guide for Colosseum
- Access to Palatine Hill and Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
What's excluded :
- Access to Arena, Underground and Third Order (Colosseum)
- Food and beverages
- Luggage storage
- Pick-up/Drop-off service
- Guided tour of Palatine Hill/Roman Forum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Arco di Costantino, Via di San Gregorio, 00186 Rome Italy
We will meet at the Arch of Constantine, the largest triumphal arch ever built in Rome located between the Palatine Hill and the Colosseum. It was erected in 315 to commemorateConstantine, the first Christian emperor of the Roman history.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Enjoy skip-the-line privileges at the Colosseum and learn more about the most famous monument of Ancient Rome. Follow in the footsteps of the fearless gladiators and enter the Colosseum with no need to wait in line and explore the magnificent amphitheater in a small group of no more than 20 people.
Get a detailed description of the Colosseum from the outside and then listen to your expert English-speaking guide to discover the rich history of the biggest amphiteathre for gladiator games ever built. Imagine the gladiators fights, the roaring lions and the noise of the crowd while walking around the 1st and 2nd floor of the Colosseum with your guide.
Your guide will be at your disposal to answer all your questions!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
After the Colosseum guided tour, you will be escorted to the entrance of the Palatine Hill/Roman Forum where you can visit both sites by yourself.
According to the legend, the Palatine Hill is the place where Rome was founded by Romolus thousands of years ago. This green area is full of ancient temples and houses and it hosts the magnificent residences of the Roman emperors. It is a true open-air museum!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
After the Colosseum guided tour, you will be escorted to the entrance of the Palatine Hill/Roman Forum where you can visit both sites by yourself. The sites are connected, so from the Palatine Hill you can go directy to the Roman Forum.
The Roman Forum, the heart of the Roman Republic where all the public activities took place, is he most suggestive space from Roman times. A lot of temples, houses and other magnificent buildings like basilicas are still well-preserved and visible: enjoy to walk along Roman roads through their colums, like a true Roman citizen!
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza del Arco di Costantino, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- MEETING POINT: Arch of Costantine, side of the Colosseum. You will meet our staff that will hold a big black flag saying "Ancient and Recent - Virtual Reality Tour - Meeting point" on it.
- You are required to show up at the meeting point 15 MINUTES PRIOR to the arranged time of departure - especially families with children/under 18, in order to anticipate and facilitate the entry procedures.
- Please note that this option provides you a guided tour only for the Colosseum. The visit to Palatine Hill/Roman Forum is by yourself.
- The Colosseum tickets have a specific entry time: if you arrive late for the meeting point, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again. As per no-show rules, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- The Colosseum requires mandatory entry procedures (show children/under 18 to the staff, voucher exchange) and mandatory security check that must be carried out even by the skip-the-line ticket holders. This could require to wait a little more before entering the monument, as this part cannot be skipped.
- The Colosseum’s capacity regulations (no more than 3000 people inside at the same time) may delay the tour departure. This could also influence the smooth running of the tour especially on national holidays, weekends and during high season. So, even the skip-the-line queue may be not as fast as usual.
- Children/under 18 must be accompanied by an adult and must carry passports or a valid identity document, because the Colosseum staff may ask to check them at the entrance.
- The Colosseum area is an open archaeological park and for this reason is not equipped with sun/rain covers and shops. The local operator is not responsible for any kind of discomfort due to this.
- Please wear comfortable shoes and bring your own bottle of water (no glass bottles/no alcohol).
- The local operator is not responsible for any inconvenience caused by the closure of the Colosseum/Palatine Hill/Roman Forum due to strikes, events, bad weather, etc.
- It is strictly forbidden to enter the Colosseum and Palatine Hill/Roman Forum with backpacks, handbags and luggage. Please be aware that there is no luggage storage and that we cannot keep your stuff.
- It is strictly forbidden to enter the Colosseum with knives and any kind of cutting object. Pay attention not to bring with you this kind of stuff.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.