Colosseum, Ancient Rome, Underground Catacombs guided tour, Tickets & Transfer
Go back in time with this skip-the-line tour of the Colosseum, Palatine Hill, and Roman Forum in Rome. Bypass the queue at the Colosseum to avoid long waits. Explore the first and second tiers for great views. Then walk through the ruins of Palatine Hill and the Roman Forum with your guide, an art and archaeology expert. After your Colosseum tour, take a small break and then come back to our meeting point at 2:45 pm, for an in-depth experience in one of the most exciting and visited places in Rome, the Catacombs on the Ancient Appian Way. You'll descend into a complex network of underground tunnels, among the longest in the world, where you can admire ancient frescoes, crypts rich in inscriptions, small mausoleums, sarcophagi, tombs. You'll also find the burial of famous people like popes, martyrs and, according to legends, even some apostles.
The catacombs that we'll visit (San Calisto, San Sebastiano, or Santa Domitilla) will change depending on the day.
per adult from
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- 3h Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill tour
- Catacombs internal visit (about 40 min)
- Professional Tour Guide
- Transfer from Via della Polveriera to the Catacombs (pick-up/drop off)
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
- Entry/Admission - Parco Archeologico dell'Appia Antica
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Guide service during the transfer to the Catacombs
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Visit Rome's symbolic monument with a tour that makes it easy and fun for all ages. Learn about the amphitheater's history from a guide with an art and archaeology background.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
You will then, visit the Roman Forum. This is one of the most important archaeological areas in the world with some of Ancient Rome's most evocative ruins, including the Temple of Julius Caesar, Arch of Titus, House of the Vestal Virgins, Senate House and Basilica of Maxentius. Admire the Roman Forum's Sacred Way, the triumphal road where the Centurions of Caesar marched after their return from countless battles and conquests.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
After you walk through Palatine Hill, explore the site of an older settlement from the 9th century BC.
Admire the incredible frescoes in the House of Augustus and the Hippodrome, an elliptical sunken garden from the Palace of Domitian. Here, enjoy an impressive view of the Circus Maximus and the valley of the Roman Forum. Learn about the legend of Romulus and Remus, the abandoned brothers raised by a wolf who fought each other for power and control.
After the tour take 1-hour break and then come back to our office in via della Polveriera at 1:45 pm
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Parco Archeologico dell'Appia Antica, Piazza delle Finanze 1, 00185 Rome Italy
Starting, with a small group, from our travel agency, near the Colosseum, you will be comfortably transported on an air-conditioned vehicle, in one of the most interesting and visited places in Rome, the "catacombs" on the Via Appia Antica.
Paas by the majestic Aurelian Walls and come to the archaeological area of the Via Appia Antica, immersed in the green Roman countryside, you will descend into the ancient world of the Catacombs, a complex network of underground tunnels among the longest in the world, which occupies an area of about fifteen hectares, consisting of about 60 kilometers of tunnels on several levels. The catacombs that we will visit (San Calisto, San Sebastiano or Santa Domitilla), for your tour will change depending on the day, but from where we go, you will have the opportunity to see ancient frescoes, crypts rich in inscriptions carved in the walls, niches with still remains of skeletons, small mausoleums, sarcophagi, tombs and small chapels that still today, after about 2000 years, are still used to celebrate religious rites.
Here you will find the burial of famous people like popes, martyrs and, according to legends, even some apostles.
After the tour, back in the sunlight, your driver will take you back to the original starting point in Via Della Polveriera.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Via delle Terme di Tito, 72, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Customers have a mandatory meeting time stated 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time due to managing and organizational reasons.
- To get inside the Colosseum it is used group ticket and not individual one. It cannot be can asked just the ticket entrance.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You must have a valid photo ID to enter the Colosseum (student's ID, Driver License, Passport or State ID all work.) You will be asked to also provide your name, last name and date of birth (at the beginning of the tour, if not provided beforehand.) Security may prevent you from entering the site if the information provided is not accurate and/or don't match the one on your ID.
- Child discount is applied only with a valid ID card
- Please note that for safety reasons the Coliseum can accommodate up to 3.000 people at once. This could lead to delays in access to the site, even for pre-booked visitors.
- The activity can suffer 20/30 min variation due to organizational resons
- For security reasons all visitors and their luggage shall be screened.
- To facilitate the security checks please insert any object (including mobile phone) in the bag/backpack or in the tray to be included in the X-ray
- Forbidden objects inside the Colosseum: bottles and glasses containers, alcholic beverages and aerosols, backpacks, camping, bulky bags and luggage / trolley
- Can be introduced medium and small size backpacks to shoulder, which must be checked, as any other bag, with metal detectors, opened and visually inspected by the Urbe Security Institute, responsible for the entrance inspection
- Please notice that the Colosseum Administration, which depends on the Ministry of Cultural Assets and Activities has the faculty to close the Colosseum, or parts of it, with or without notice, for events, strikes, heavy rain, or any other reason. In which case, we will offer an alternative itinerary as it seems fit and offer a partial refund
- Activity not recommended for travelers with walking impairment
- Transpostation to the Catacombs will be lead by a professional dirver (not a guide)
- The catacomb temperature is about 60°F and the moisture content is high; please dress appropriately
- No one can visit the catacombs on their own, nor stray from their group along the route, nor cross the gates that delimit the paths open to the public
- It is forbidden to touch the exhibits along the visit path
- It is forbidden to remove any object and/or material
- No photos allowed inside the Catacombs
- Food and drink are not allowed
- No change on a booking can be accepted after 24hrs to the starting time of the tour. In that instance, no refund will be issued.
- For the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Pets are not allowed
- Not accessible for walker users
- Not recommended for travelers with walking impairments
- We kindly inform you that any kind of disability (visual impairment, hearing impairment,... ) or anything that might prevent you to regularly join the tour, MUST BE communicate in advance to our staff.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.