Colonia Day Trip & Optional Private Transfers from Buenos Aires
Escape the hustle and bustle of Buenos Aires and immerse yourself in the atmosphere of the historic Uruguayan town of Colonia del Sacramento. On this day trip, take a short boat ride from Buenos Aires across the Rio de la Plata and enjoy a city sightseeing tour and walking tour of Colonia. Then, enjoy a delicious lunch in the restaurant of your choice (at your own expense) and spend the afternoon exploring the city of Colonia at your leisure.
per adult from
9 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- 1-hour guided city tour
- Ferry tickets
- Entry/Admission - Colonia Express
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Port of Buenos Aires, Port of Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Capital Federal District
Our Day Trip to Colonia from Buenos Aires by Ferry begins at the ferry port (details above) at 7:15am or at your hotel from 6 am if you selected the option.
Stop At: Colonia Express, Av. Elvira Rawson de Dellepiane 155, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Embark on our trip to Colonia at 8:15am. The ferry takes about 2 hours to cross to Uruguay.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Colonia del Sacramento, Colonia del Sacramento, Colonia Department
Head inside the ferry station and get directions of where to go for a 1-hour sightseeing city tour inside the historic neighborhood. Full of old cobblestone streets, rustic buildings and famous landmarks, this historic town has a captivating atmosphere and charm.
Then, walk around the city while absorbing the history of Colonia. Admire the beautiful architecture that gives this city its rustic charm – in fact, both Colonia's old and modern architecture are now protected as UNESCO World Heritage sites.
You will be on your own to have lunch. Head to the restaurant of your choice and enjoy a delicious Uruguayan meal (own expense).
After lunch, enjoy free time to explore the city at your leisure. Walk through the streets, visit the local museums, browse the pottery and jewelry shops, or take a stroll along the coast to admire the town’s remarkable beauty.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Capital Federal District
At around 15:30 pm we’ll be taken back to the port to board our boat, which leaves at 16:30 pm. After 2 hours on the water we’ll be back in Buenos Aires, where our tour will come to a close at the ferry pier or at your hotel if you selected the option.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Colonia Express, Av. Elvira Rawson de Dellepiane 155, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up transfer is only from selected centrally located hotels. If your hotel is outside the geographic area, we will confirm you the closest meeting point. Indicate the name and address of your hotel.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Ferry ride is approximately 2 hours
- Please note: a current valid passport is required to enter Uruguay
- Possession of proper government issued documentation is the responsibility of the passenger. You may require additional documentation to enter Uruguay. A Uruguayan visa may be required for some nationalities; check your home country requirements for entering Uruguay.
- Passport name, number, date of birth, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Note: The city tour may include an English-speaking guide, subject to availability. Please contact the local tour operator upon booking so they can arrange this service for you
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance. In case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.