Colombo Tuk Tuk Tour
We'll pick you up from your hotel in Colombo at 9:30 am or 3:30 pm, depending on what you've booked, to begin your tuk-tuk tour of the colorful Sri Lankan city of Colombo. Your expert guide will reveal some key facts about the island and its history, and before you know it you'll be zooming around the streets in your tuk-tuk.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by Tuk Tuk
- Service of English Speaking Tuk Tuk Buddy
- Mineral Water Bottle Per Person
- All Taxes & Service Charges
- Entry/Admission - Colombo National Museum
What's excluded :
- All Other Services Not Mentioned Above
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Galle Face Green, Galle Road, Colombo Sri Lanka
Galle Face is a 5 ha (12 acres) ocean-side urban park, which stretches for 500 m (1,600 ft) along the coast, in the heart of Colombo, the financial and business capital of Sri Lanka. The promenade was initially laid out in 1859 by Governor Sir Henry George Ward, although the original Galle Face Green extended over a much larger area than is seen today. The Galle Face Green was initially used for horse racing and as a golf course but was also used for cricket, polo, football, tennis, and rugby.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Gangaramaya (Vihara) Buddhist Temple, 61 Sri Jinaratana Road, Colombo Sri Lanka
Gangaramaya is one of the oldest Buddhist temples in Colombo, started by the famous scholar-monk Hikkaduwa Sri Sumangala Nayaka Thera in the late 19th Century. After the Venerable Sri Sumangala, his chief pupil Devundera Sri Jinaratana Nayake Thera took on the administration of the temple. It was he who laid the foundation to convert the little temple to an institute of international reckoning.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Colombo National Museum, Albert Crescent, Colombo Sri Lanka
The Colombo Museum as it was called at the beginning was established on 1st January 1877. It founder was Sir William Henry Gregory, the British Governor of Ceylon (Sri Lanka) at the time.
The Royal Asiatic Society (CB) was instrumental in bringing to the notice of Gregory on his appointment as Governor in 1872 the need for a public museum with much difficulty the approval of the legislative council was obtained within a year. The Architect of the Public Works Department, J.G. Smither was able to prepare the plans for a new structure on Italian architectural style. The construction was completed in 1876 and the Museum commenced it functions in the following year.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your Hotel in Colombo
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.