Colca Full Day Tour
The Colca Canyon is the deepest in the world and truly an incredible site. This tour is a great escape from the city and gives travelers the opportunity to experience Andean culture. Below is a general outline of our full day tour.
· You will be picked up from your hotel or hostel between 3:00am and 3:30am and drive north to Chivay where you will eat a simple breakfast.
· We then head west to the Condor Cross located on the rim of the Colca Canyon. You will have one hour to enjoy the views and look for condors.
· We will make our way back towards Chivay making stops at Antawilke to see pre-Incan terraces, a small colonial town called Maca, and the Yanque hotsprings to bathe in the hot pools for one hour.
· Upon arriving to Chivay we will stop at a local restaurant to eat a buffet lunch.
· We then head back towards Arequipa making two final stops along the way at Patapama and the Salinas and Aguada Blanca National Reserve.
· You will be dropped off back at your hotel around 5:30pm.
per adult from
13 to 14 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch - You will stop at a restaurant for an all-you-can-eat buffet lunch. All the food options are traditional plates made from Andean products.
- Breakfast - We provide a simple breakfast consisting of bread, scrambled eggs, jam, butter, tea, coffee and juice.
What's excluded :
- National Park Entrance (70 soles per person)
- Hot Springs Entrance (15 soles per person, option)
- Entry/Admission - Condor's Cross
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Abra Patapampa, Carretera 1SE, 30 Kms south of Chivay, Chivay 04145 Peru
You will have the opportunity to take photos and enjoy the view of the Andes mountain range from about 4900 meters.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Salinas y Aguada Blanca National Reserve, Avenida Arequipa, Arequipa 04001 Peru
Travelers will have the chance to stop and see Alpacas and Vicuñas in their natural habitat. Also, with a little luck, travelers may have the chance to see Andean foxes and other wildlife.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Condor's Cross, Cabanaconde 04124 Peru
You will have one hour at the Condor Cross viewpoint to walk along Colca Canyon's rim and look for Andean condors! There is a condor nesting site near by and it is common to see several condors flying at above the canyon at once.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up clients from hotels and hostels in Arequipa's city center. We can also pick you up from Arequipa's Plaza de Armas if your hotel, hostel or AirBnB is not located in the city center.
Departure Time :3:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.