Coffee, traditions and landscapes
In this private tour you will have a direct contact with the real life of the farmers that still live from the traditions of their relatives, in a town located just 45 minutes from the city, known as the crib of freedom, full of history, where you will try the delicious "pandequesos" and will see the traditions of this old town, once at the coffee farm learn from first hand everything from the coffee process, also how they work with some other products like, avocado, tomato some fruits and flowers, ending with an authentic Colombian typical lunch made by the farmers.
You will also have contact with the nature in the waterfalls that we will visit and watching incredible landscapes, before going back to Medellín.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Snacks - Pandequeso
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch - Colombian typical lunch
- Coffee and/or Tea - Coffee at the farm
- Entry/Admission - El Retiro Antioquia
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque Municipal El Retiro, Calle 19 Between 20 and 21, Retiro Colombia
Visiting the old town El Retiro, the biggest avocado Hass producer in Colombia and the favourite place for the retired of foreigners, you will see houses from the 1800's made with adobe and the traditions of the people in that area, you will also try the famous "pandequesos" Colombian snacks
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: El Retiro Antioquia, Retiro, Antioquia, Colombia
You will enjoy the amazing landscapes that offer an unforgettable view of the Colombian mountains mixed with the water of the waterfall, before visiting the coffee farm near to the main square of the town, in there you will learn everything from the coffee process, from the seed, picking some coffee with the farmers, crossing to the depulping machine, roasting coffee in the old way, using a pot, and drinking a delicious Colombian single origin coffee, you will see an avocado and tomato plantation, also the variety of flowers that they produce, finishing the time at the farm with an authentic farmer's lunch made by the owner of the house, before going back to the town.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Parador Turístico Tequendamita, Via San Diego La Ceja, La Ceja, Retiro, Antioquia, Colombia
Our last stop is going to be a beautiful waterfall to take nice pictures and to have contact with the nature, after that we go back to Medellín.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If your hotel is not listed, please let us know where is your lodging and we will pick you up.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.