Coffee Appreciation: Hanoi Style
An immersive tour of the coffee culture in Hanoi where you will get to taste various types of coffee that local caffeine junkies go for, and also get to see the various types of cafes in Hanoi.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Transport by vehicle
What's excluded :
- If you've been to Hanoi before then the ubiquitous cafes need no introduction, but if you haven't and you love all things coffee then you're in for a treat. The cafe culture of Hanoi is a remnant of the French Colonial past, and safe to say the Vietnamese have taken coffee and cafe and given it their own twist - so much so that the Vietnamese have even put egg in the coffee and gotten it right!
Vietnamese style coffee has characteristics that distinguish it from other coffees and brewing methods. Typically the coffee is prepared in single servings in single-cup filter/brewers known as “phin”. The use of sweetened condensed milk rather than fresh milk was first due to its availability and easier storage in a tropical climate. When mentioning Vietnamese coffee, many people talk about “Ca phe sua da” - the most popular version of Vietnamese coffee. However, there are many other coffee versions you definitely should know and enjoy when visiting Vietnam. On this tour, you will not only sample the countless variations of Vietnamese coffee but you will also soak in different cafe styles in Hanoi, from the ordinary to as hipster a cafe as they come, or from ancient settings to modern chic decors, or just simply enjoy a cup of typical coffee at a 'freestyle' cafe as most locals do in super-small plastic stools. :)
Departure Point :Old Quarters, Hanoi
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.