Coffee & Tsars. Fortress Pierre and Paul for Francophones.
In a friendly chat while drinking a good coffee on a historic boat, I'll do the introduction for the tour. It is also the time to get to know and answer your questions (practical, political, cultural). Because I know there are certain taboos in Russia. This is not a conference but rather anecdotes, which will make you better understand life in Russia.
In the Peter and Paul Fortress we will witness the historic cannon shot. We will visit the fortifications and learn the initial urban planning of the city. In the gilded interior of Peter and Paul Cathedral, we will see the tombs of all Russian tsars. You will learn the family tree of Romanov, the protocol of the funeral ceremony and the sad destiny of Nicholas II. Then we will visit the political prison housed in the fortress since its creation where people like Dostoyevsky and Trotsky stayed.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Entrance tickets to the fortress, cathedral and prison.
- Entry/Admission - Flying Dutchman
- Entry/Admission - Peter and Paul Fortress
- Entry/Admission - Peter and Paul Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - The Prison of the Trubetskoi Bastion
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Flying Dutchman, Mytninskaya Naberezhnaya, 6, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 197198
A good coffee and the panoramic view from the historic boat.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Peter and Paul Fortress, Petropavlovskaya Fortress, 3, St. Petersburg 197022 Russia
We will take a close look at the birthplace of the city and its historic buildings.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Peter and Paul Cathedral, Sobornaya Sq., 1 Petropavlovskaya Fortress, St. Petersburg 197046 Russia
We will pay tribute to the Russian tsars in front of their graves and learn their family tree and their stories.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: The Prison of the Trubetskoi Bastion, Petropavlovskaya Fortress, St. Petersburg 197198 Russia
We will learn the daily life of political prisoners of the Tsar's time and compare it with those of today.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Flying Dutchman, Mytninskaya Naberezhnaya, 6, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 197198
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.