Cochin's Broadway Bazaar - A Walking Tour
Ernakulum’s Broadway area is the traditional center of business in Cochin. The area became prominent after the British took control of Cochin. Today, Broadway continues to be a busy wholesale and retail bazaar for various products and services. The Broadway area is also close to one of Cochin’s most popular promenades, Marine Drive, a pedestrian zone with the backwaters on one and shops and cafes on the other side. This walking tour familiarizes you with these popular Cochin neighborhoods and also includes a short ferry ride across the harbor.
• Ferry ride from Fort Kochi to Ernakulum
• Broadway Bazaar
• CSI Immanuel Church
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by Private Air conditioned Vehicle.
- Pick up / drop within city center point only.
- English Speaking Local Guide.
- Ferry ride on SIC basis
- 02 Bottles of Mineral Water Per Person Per Day
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Marine Drive, MG Road, Kochi (Cochin) India
You will be picked up from your hotel within city center along with your English Speaking Guide in early morning and driven to Fort Kochi.
Here your Broadway Bazaar Tour begins. First join local commuters as they take the ferry to Ernakulum. It is a 20-minute ride with great views of the harbor. After disembarking at Ernakulum Jetty, you will walk along the Marine Drive Promenade until reaching the bazaar area. Explore several winding streets with their fruit and vegetable shops. Many of these shops are proudly owned for many generations by the same family. Learn how these businesses work and get insight into the unique Kerala cuisine by observing local spices and the fish and vegetable markets.
Break for refreshments (not included).
Your guided walking tour ends at the CSI Immanuel Church, the oldest Protestant church in Ernakulum. The church is a well-known landmark, and from here you will be escorted back to your hotel within city center in your air-conditioned vehicle.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Kochi (Cochin), Kochi (Cochin), Ernakulam District, Kerala
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Kochi Airport, Kochi (Cochin) India
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions.
- Dress code is smart casual
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.