Coach Tour: Simatai Great Wall And Gubei Water Town
The great-wall is a must-visit spot for every traveler in Beijing, it is definitely an awe-inspiring and culturally enriching experience, and if you have already been to the world-renowned Badaling Great Wall and are looking for somewhere more untamed and authentic why not try the Great Wall at Simatai section? This tour will take you not only to Simatai Great Wall but also to Gubei Water Town where surrounds the beautiful Mandarin Duck Lake Reservoir and leans against the Simatai Great Wall. Both attractions are situated in Gubeikou Town of Miyun District in Beijing (120 km north of Beijing).
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Simatai Great Wall
- Entry/Admission - Gubei Water Town
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Cable Car Fee at Great Wall
- You will be pick up by your tour guide in the early morning (between 6am to 7am), and hop-on coach bus for this fun day trip. About 9:30am, you will arrival beautiful Gubei Water Town, and your tour guide will assist you to purchase entrance ticket. This is a self-guide tour, and you can spend enough time in the Water Town on Simatai Great Wall.
Upon arriving at Simatai, you can hike up the sheer sides of the wall by yourself or ride on a cable-car to the summit (at your own cost). Once you are up there, you will be amazed with how untouched and well preserved this Great Wall still remains since Ming Dynasty. There are almost no hawkers at Simatai, just few windswept old ladies sell postcards, ice-creams and cold bottles of water. The entire Wall is yours, and you can explore it by your own pace. As you walk along the 5.4 kilometer stretch that straddles Beijing City and Hebei Province, you will realize how difficult to build this Great Wall. What an amazing construction! Simatai Great Wall sits on rugged ridge 960 metres above sea-level. It really is an architectural wonder.
After coming down from the Wall, you can start walking around in Gubei Water Town where is a rare natural old town with a combination of mountains, water and ancient dwellings. With a history of thousands of years, this town possesses an old-fashioned simplicity and elegance. Row upon row of houses, old quartzite streets and long Hutongs characterize the style and features of the old town. You can have your lunch in this lovely town (at your own cost).
Your tour is end between 2:40pm to 3:00pm, and you will get on the coach bus again to return back to your hotel in Beijing.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your centrally located hotel in Beijing 3 ring roadAddress: Your local tour operator will contact you a night before the tour to confirm the hotel pick up time.Dates: every day has tour for week
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You Must provide your hotel information upon booking or leave your Beijing local contact number in special requirement field.
- The hotel pickup and drop-off is only available for hotels with 3 rings.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.