Coach Day Tour - Beijing Imperial Culture Tour with Lunch
Experience of Picturesque Imperial Gardens in Summer Palace, Jingshan Park and Beihai Park. Rickshaw tour to explore the traditional residents living area (Hutong) and admire the Beijing’s culture and history and see the real life of Beijingers. Tour ends at Bar Street in Houhai Lake. Rest assured, there are no unwelcome factory outlet or tourist shop visits.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transfers between attractions by air conditioned vehicle with an experience company driver
- Chinese lunch at local restaurant
- English-speaking tour guide service
- Tour ends at Houhai Bar Street
What's excluded :
- Boat ride on Empress Cixi Water Way in Summer Palace
- Hotel pickup
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Summer Palace (Yiheyuan), No.19 Xinjian Gongmen Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100080 China
At 8:30am, meet your guide at your centrally located hotel in Beijing and kick off your tour by heading for Summer Palace, the largest and the most well-preserved royal park in China. It is famed as “The Museum of Royal Gardens”. After this orientation tour of Summer Palace, you will be captivated by the traditional Chinese philosophy of harmonious balance between natural landscape, stream, water, and artificial man-made structures including pavilions, bridges, and halls.
Pass By: Jingshan Park (Jingshan Gongyuan), No.44 Jingshanxi Street, Xicheng District, Beijing 100009 China
The next visit is Jingshan Park. It is formerly a private imperial garden attached to the grounds of the Forbidden City. Climb to the Wanchun Pavilion you can get the best panoramic view of the Forbidden City.
Pass By: Beihai Park (Beihai Gongyuan), No.1 Wenjin Street, Xicheng District, Beijing 100034 China
Later you will be taken to the Beihai Park, a former imperial garden first built in the 11th century. Admire the remarkable attractions like Nine Dragon Screen, a screen wall built in 1402 with reliefs of nine different Chinese dragons brick carvings on both side, and the White Pagoda, a 40-m high stupa placed on the highest point on Jade Flower Island, built to honour the visit of the 5th Dalai Lama in 1651. Its body is made of white stone. Sun, moon and flame engravings decorate the surface of the tower.
Pass By: Back Lakes (Hou Hai), Shicha Lake Scenic Resort, Xicheng District, Beijing 100009 China
Head for Shichahai Lake area and take a Hutong Rickshaw Tour to an old courtyard for roughly an hour. You will walk into a local family and spend some time with ordinary Chinese people. Hutongs are small alleyways where people live together in communities of homes packed into a small area. Exploring Hutongs by rickshaw can find the residents playing Chinese chess, Mahjong, eating and relaxing on the streets. Hutong is like a museum of Beijing's folk customs.
Pass By: Hou Lake, Inside Summer Palace, Haidian District, Beijing 100091 China
Tour concludes at 5:00pm in the Houhai. Houhai has become known for its nightlife as many residences along the lake shore have been converted into restaurants, bars, and cafes. The area is especially popular with foreign tourists visiting Beijing and is also often visited by the expatriate community and the younger generations of locals.
Departure Point :Grand Hotel Beijing, 35 Dong Chang An Jie, Dong Dan, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China
Departure Time :Between 7:00am and 7:30am. Actual pickup time will be informed by local tour operator.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note that the hotel pickup service is not available.
- The meeting point is the lobby of Grand Hotel Beijing (Address: No. 35 East Changan Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing). The nearest subway station is Wangfujing on Line 1, exit C. The pickup time from this hotel is 8:30 am.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.