Cloud Forest Hike @ Water National Park : JUAN CASTRO BLANCO NATIONAL PARK
In this tour, you will go on a 1.5-hour drive from La Fortuna to Juan Castro Blanco National Park. There, you will be able to observe several types of birds such as the Red Brocket Deer, White Faced Capuchin Monkey, Armadillo, Paca, Tapir and several cat species.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque Nacional del Agua Juan Castro Blanco, Bajos del Toro Costa Rica
This tour is a great new alternative for bird watching enthusiasts. The trip to this rarely visited cloud forest will give you the opportunity to see a wide variety of flora and fauna including the spectacular Quetzal with its eye-catching plumage and many other bird species.
When many people think of the Costa Rican cloud forest, Monteverde is the first name that comes to mind but those that take this tour will quickly find that Costa Rica has much more to offer than just Monteverde. To reach the Juan Castro Blanco National Park which is located only 1 ½ hours from La Fortuna, you will drive through the San Carlos lowlands, Costa Rica’s most productive agricultural region.
The small number of tourists that visit the park, the personalized nature of the tour and the area’s beauty make for an excellent combination. Many of the San Carlos lowlands’ most prominent rivers have their origins in the park as do many of the most of the important aquifers in the area. The total area of the park which was created by decree in 1992 is 14,250 hectares (approximately 35,600 acres).
The most common species of fauna found in the park are birds such as the Quetzal, Crested Guan, Black Guan and Chachalaca and mammals such as the Red Brocket Deer, White Faced Capuchin Monkey, Armadillo, Paca, Tapir and several cat species. The park has a very diverse array of flora with approximately 60% of the park’s total area being covered by primary forest and the remainder consisting of patches of secondary forest. The tour will end with a delicious lunch with trout as the main course.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Jacamar Naturalist Tours, Costado Sur de la Iglesia Católica de La Fortuna, Apartado Posta 40-4417, Provincia de Alajuela, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
EXTRA COST:Arenal Lodge.Arenal Observatory.Chachagua Rainforest.Hideaway Rio Celeste. Linda Vista Del Norte. Lost Iguana Resort and Spa. Magestic. Rancho Margot. Tucano.The Springs Resort and Spa. Volcano Gold.Villas Eco Arenal.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please inform the age of kids under 12 years
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.