Climbing Mateo - Your first 5 thousand
Climb your first mountain of 5 thousand meters.
Good food throughout the circuit.
Beautiful views of the emblematic mountains of the Cordillera Blanca
Ideal for beginners
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Certified Guide (English, Spanish)
- 01 Box Lunch per person
- Acclimatization day
- Private transport
- Mountain Technical equipment (Boots, Harness, Ice Axes, Crampons and Helmet).
What's excluded :
- Entry Ticket to Huascarán National Park (S /. 30.00 Nuevo Soles per person ($ 10).
- Travel accidents and health insurance
- Travel luggage and trip cancellation insurance
- Does not include first breakfast
- Personal expenses
- front lantern, snow goggles, appropriate clothing, personal medications, etc.
Mateo is an accessible mountain for people who wish to realize the dream of their first 5 thousand meters; this mountain belongs to the Contrahierbas Sur range - Denominated Mateo. Mateo is located inside the National Park Huascarán exactly in the Quebrada Ulta, in Carhuaz. To get to this mountain it is necessary to start the day very early from the city of Huaraz to reach its summit during the morning and take advantage of the sunrise to enjoy one of the most beautiful views of Chopicalqui, Contrahierbas, snowy Huascarán, Ulta and other mountains around them. The approach is made hiking a moraine of approximately 1 hour of duration and then an ascent of 1 hour 30 minutes to reach the summit.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 4/4/2020 - 9/30/2020
1/1/2021 - 12/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 11:30 PM Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.