Climb the holy mountain of the Maasai
This is a unique opportunity that is only available to a few travellers. Due to our close relationship with the Maasai tribe and our community interaction, we are the only tour operator that is allowed to take guests up the holy mountain.
You will have a personal Maasai guide who will tell you about their religious beliefs and the meaning of this special place.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Meru, Arusha National Park 00255 Tanzania
Between Momella and Ngabobo, on the north side of Mount Meru, lies the village of Mukuru. A small, pyramid--shaped hill at the foothills of Mount Meru is the landmark of the area.
This hill, Ol Doinyo Landaree or Mount Mukuru is still used by the Maasai for religious purposes. It's height is about 2.100 metres, next to Mount Meru.
Birdlife is abundant, giraffes feed from fine acacia leaves and zebras share the pasture with the locals' cattle. A place of peace and contemplation.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Africa Amini Alama Hospital, Tanzania
Departure Time :11/19/2019 - 10/24/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.