Classic Sights and Hidden Histories of Bogota Walking Audio Tour by VoiceMap
On this self-guided GPS audio walking tour of traditional Bogotá you'll be transported from colonial times to the 21st century. It's a route designed to put you in touch with the cultural life of this city that has grown from a small village up in the mountains to a multicultural hotspot.
You'll walk in the footsteps of Gabriel García Márquez, the Nobel literature prize recipient, and you'll get a glimpse of the places that have made Bogotá a cultural capital. If you like, you can stop at traditional cafes and delis along the way, or at the local market, where you'll see the mix of races that constitute the Colombian people. You'll also have the chance to buy some gifts to take back home.
The tour is ready whenever you are and the audio plays automatically at exactly the right time and place using your smartphone's GPS and the VoiceMap mobile app, which also works offline.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lifetime access to Traditional Bogotá tour
- VoiceMap Application
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Academia Colombiana de la Lengua, Carrera 3 # 1734, Bogota 110211 Colombia
Academia Colombiana de la Lengua is the official academy for the Spanish language in Colombia. It was the first academy founded outside Spain and dates from 1871. The founders were Rufino Jose Cuervo and Miguel Antonio Caro, two prominent linguists.
Pass By: Av Jimenez - Cra 6 Plazoleta del Rosario, Bogota Colombia
The Plazoleta del Rosario is named after the Colegio Mayor del Rosario. This college dates from 1653 and is a very important university in Colombia.
Pass By: Iglesia de San Francisco, Ave. Jimenez & Carrera 7, Bogota Colombia
The Iglesia de San Francisco is held by the Franciscan Order. It’s one of the oldest in the city. The construction dates from 1595. You can see the beautiful altar and splendorous works of religious art around the interior.
Departure Point :artesanías de colombia, 58, Cra. 3 #18A, Bogotá, Colombia
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 3/15/2019 - 10/25/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :National Library of Colombia, Cl. 24 #5-60, Bogotá, Cundinamarca, Colombia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.