Civitavecchia Shore Excursion: Splendor of Rome Tour
Enjoy a this tour tour from Civitavecchia. Meet your driver/guide at the bus terminal and depart on a unique experience . Your guide will give you information about Rome on the 90 minute ride to Rome. You will drive bye the Circus Maximus, Aventine and Palatine hill before arriving at the Colosseum where you will be able to enter if you have purchased tickets .You will then walk to theTrevi fountain , Pantheon and Piazza Navona before the bus will pick you up and head to St Peter's Basilica .This tour does not include the Vatican Museum /Sistine Chapel and most of the sites are seen walking through the city
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Professional guide for groups over 8 passengers
- English speaking driver for groups under 9 passengers
- Port pickup and drop-off ( Bus terminal)
What's excluded :
- Colosseum admission fee
- Vatican Museum
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Civitavecchia Port, Piazza Vittorio Emanuele 19, 00053, Civitavecchia Italy
Take a free shuttle dockside and meet your guide holding a sign "driverinrome" at the Bus terminal then head to Rome.
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Stop at the most fascinating monument in Rome, a place where 50.000 people could assist to cruel battles between gladiators and wild beasts: the Colosseum. Tickets are not included - please ask your guide if required.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Circus Maximus, Via del Circo Massimo, 00186 Rome Italy
It is an ancient Roman chariot-racing stadium and mass entertainment venue located in Rome, Italy. Situated in the valley between the Aventine and Palatine Hills, it was the first and largest stadium in ancient Rome and its later Empire.
Pass By: Domus Augustana, Via di San Gregorio 30, 00184 Rome Italy
The House of Augustus, or the Domus Augusti, is the first major site upon entering the Palatine Hill in Rome, Italy. Historically, this house has been identified as the primary place of residence for the emperor Augustus.The Domus Augusti is located near the so-called Hut of Romulus and other sites that have connections to the foundation of Rome. This residence contained a complex of structures
Pass By: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
It's a rectangular forum(plaza) surrounded by the ruins of several important ancient government buildings at the center of the city of Rome. Citizens of the ancient city referred to this space, originally a marketplace, as the Forum Magnum, or simply the Forum.
Stop At: Trevi Fountain, Piazza di Trevi, 00187 Rome Italy
It is the largest Baroque fountain in the city and one of the most famous fountains in the world. The fountain has appeared in several notable films, including Federico Fellini's La Dolce Vita, the eponymous Three Coins in the Fountain, The Lizzie McGuire Movie, Sabrina Goes to Rome and Roman Holiday.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Pantheon, Piazza della Rotonda, 00186 Rome Italy
Former Roman temple, now a church, in Rome, Italy, on the site of an earlier temple commissioned by Marcus Agrippa during the reign of Augustus (27 BC – 14 AD). It was completed by the emperor Hadrian and probably dedicated about 126 AD. Its date of construction is uncertain, because Hadrian chose not to inscribe the new temple but rather to retain the inscription of Agrippa's older temple, which had burned down.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Stadio di Domiziano - Navona Square Underground, Via di Tor Sanguigna 3 Piazza Navona, 00186 Rome Italy
Built on the site of the Stadium of Domitian, built in the 1st century AD, and follows the form of the open space of the stadium later was transformed into a highly significant example of Baroque Roman architecture.It features important sculptural and creations: in the center stands the famous Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi or Fountain of the Four Rivers.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Arco di Costantino, Via di San Gregorio, 00186 Rome Italy
Drive by the impressive Arch of Costantine
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Enter the vast expanse of St. Peter's Square through Bernini's colonnades into Christendom's largest church resting on 800 pillars and housing 44 altars. See the gilded Papal Canopy suspended over the altar where the Pope celebrates mass, the splendid gilt-bronze throne in the apse and one of the best known pieces of sculpture in the world - the Pieta, Michelangelo's masterpiece in marble.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Largo della Pace, 00053 Civitavecchia RM, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
MEETING INSTRUCTIONS: Please board the free shuttle offered by the cruise port authority and meet our assistant driver at the bus terminal. When you exit the shuttle, please look for your local representative holding a "DRIVERINROME" sign. We ask all the guests to please plan to be at the designated departure location at least 10 minutes before departure time.Ports
- Civitavecchia Port, Piazza Vittorio Emanuele, 19, 00053 Civitavecchia RM, Italy
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- If you are not ready to depart at the assigned time , we cannot promise to fulfill the mentioned itinerary nor promise to extend the duration of the tour.Please allow enough time to get the free shuttle and meet us at the designated spot.
- Please contact the local provider to verify the correct pickup time
- According to the lines you may or may not visit the inside of the Basilica of St.Peter.You will be offered a chance to walk around outside the Church and take pictures if the line is too long to attend.
- If the total Group has less than 9 parteciants you will be offered a great English speaking driver for the day. He will comment and answer all your questions from inside the vehichle. He will not accompany you on foot to the sites .
- This is a shared tour and you will be expected to maintain the pace of the group.If you have limited mobility we suggest to book a private tour for your best enjoyment.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A moderate amount of walking is necessary during the tour . Bus has limited access to the city center sites
- We reserve the right to reverse the Itinerary at any given time starting at the Basilica of St Peter and ending at the Colosseum.
- We are not responsable for admission tickets booked on your own .
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.