Civita di Bagnoregio "The Dying City" Private Tour from Rome
Civita di Bagnoregio is a magical, surreal, fantastic place on the top of a narrow pedestrian bridge. From there you can enjoy one of the most beautiful Lazio region. It is nicknamed "the town that is dying", two to the constant erosion of the rocks where it is placed, this half-way citadel between Orvieto and Lake Bolsena has Etruscan and Medieval origins. Civic of Bagnoregio is suspended in time and space, it is beyond doubt one of the most beautiful and characteristic Italian villages. The wonderful village of Civita di Bagnoregio is today a very small town center where time seems to have stopped. As already mentioned, you must cross the suspension bridge of 300 meters linking it to Bagnoregio. Arm yourself with a camera because you will be faced with breath-taking views!
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop off with luxury transportation and private chauffeur
- Private English-speaking tour escort at your disposal
- Entrance tickets to Civita di Bagnoregio
- Free time in Civita di Bagnoregio
- Entry/Admission - Civita di Bagnoregio
What's excluded :
- Food and Beverages
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Civita di Bagnoregio, 01022, Bagnoregio Italy
Known as "The Dying City", Civita di Bagnoregio has experienced a new life, in the last years. This small village on the border between Umbria and Lazio, is literally reborn. It recorded more than 800 thousand visitors, every year. The real name, Bagnoregio - that seems to be literally derive from Bath of the King, as this place was once a health Spa - hosted the King of the Longboards Desire, who was seriously ill. Why is the city dying? It is because it is built on a hill of tuff, is continuously being eroded by two small torrents, by the rain and the wind. A nickname, that today is the legend of Civita di Bagnoregio, founded over 2500 years ago, by the Etruscan's, perfectly sums up the uniqueness of the landscape. Civita di Bagnoregio is one of those places, that's so picture-perfect, it's hard to believe it's real!
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at 8:00 am at your accomodation (hotel, B&B, apartment). Please confirm us the pick up address.N.B .: If your accomodation is not in the area indicated on the above map, send us a message to arrange your pick up.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Child rate applies only when shared with 2 paying adults
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Customers with physical limitations can have problems walking on eneven ground.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.