Civita di Bagnoregio "The Dying City" + Orvieto Private Day Tour from Rome
Want to visit Italy, but looking to see more than just the tourist cities? Orvieto is your answer and is perfect for a day trip from Rome. The historic, and beautiful section of this city. The well-preserved Gothic and medieval buildings will make you feel like you're frozen in time. Civita di Bagnoregio is a magical, surreal, fantastic place located on a top of a hill that can only be reached by crossing a narrow pedestrian bridge. From there you can enjoy the most stunning panoramic views of the whole Lazio region. Nick-named "the town that is dying", two citadel has Etruscan and Medieval origins. Suspended in time and space, Civita di Bagnoregio is beyond doubt one of the most beautiful and characteristic Italian villages. Arm yourself with a room because of every step you take with breath-taking views!
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop off with luxury transportation and private chauffeur
- Private English-speaking tour escort at your disposal
- Entrance tickets to Civita di Bagnoregio
- Free time in Civita di Bagnoregio
- Entrance tickets in the Cathedral of Orvieto (Duomo)
- Entrance tickets in St. Patrick's Well
- Small Wine Tasting in Orvieto
- Entry/Admission - Civita di Bagnoregio
- Entry/Admission - Duomo di Orvieto
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food or drink choices made outside the organized tasting tour
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Civita di Bagnoregio, 01022, Bagnoregio Italy
Known as "The Dying City", Civita di Bagnoregio has experienced a new life, in the last years. This small village on the border between Umbria and Lazio, is literally reborn. It recorded more than 800 thousand visitors, every year. The real name, Bagnoregio - that seems to be literally derive from Bath of the King, as this place was once a health Spa - hosted the King of the Longboards Desire, who was seriously ill. Why is the city dying? It is because it is built on a hill of tuff, is continuously being eroded by two small torrents, by the rain and the wind. A nickname, that today is the legend of Civita di Bagnoregio, founded over 2500 years ago, by the Etruscan's, perfectly sums up the uniqueness of the landscape. Civita di Bagnoregio is one of those places, that's so picture-perfect, it's hard to believe it's real!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Duomo di Orvieto, Piazza del Duomo 26, 05018, Orvieto Italy
Situated in less than two hours drive, Orvieto was an important Etruscan City-State. Orvieto has a unique history that dates back to over several million years ago. The origin of the Orvieto rock is most likely two to an ancient volcanic eruption. It is believed that today 's rock, where the city of Orvieto stands today, is one of these great masses of tufa rock flung from the large crater that is now the Bolsena Lake. The Etruscans inhabited Orvieto until the III Century BC, and consequently the Romans invaded it. It took the Romans two years to conquer Orvieto, which is a natural fortress, surrounded by cliffs. The Etruscans had a deep web of caves and numerous wells, in order to defend Orvieto for a long time.
In addition, to be known for its high quality cuisine (i.e. truffles), the city has an incredible Gothic Cathedral with a frescoed "Last Judgment" to rival Michelangelo's one, a labyrinth of ancient underground and St. Patrick's Well.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at 9:00 am at your accomodation (hotel, B&B, apartment). Please confirm us the pick upaddress.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Customers with physical limitations can have problems walking
- Dress code required for the Duomo: knees and shoulders must be covered
- Please advice any specific allergies at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when shared with 2 paying adults
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.