City walk Uppsala 1h - funny anecdotes from Uppsala University's history
Experience the different history of the Nordic region's oldest university; hear about the founding to be better than the Danes, brutal student housing in the 17th century, the university as a city in the city with its own judges, prisons, police, craftsmen, etc. and the student in the 18th century who signed a contract with the devil. 2 people are required for the tour to run.
We walk around central Uppsala with a focus on the buildings, professors and student housing that are preserved. Hear about Celsius, Rudbeck and Linnaeus and students.
Uppsala University, Anno Domini 1477, is the oldest in the Nordic countries and has many different sad, dreary and exciting stories attached to it. The guide is led by an authorized Uppsala guide.
You will hear everything from the brutal 17th century student inaugurations, the professor who was rumored to sell essays to the students and how the feud between Denmark and Sweden gave Uppsala its university. You will hear how it came about that the university had to buy back a gift from the king by one of the university's builders
per adult from
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Museum Gustavianum
- Entry/Admission - Uppsala University Main Building
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Riddartorget, Uppsala, Sweden
Hear about the founding of the university by Jacob Ulvson and the medieval teaching before and after the university was founded until Gustav Vasa's rise in the 1520s.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Dekanhuset, Biskopsgatan 2, 753 10 Uppsala, Sweden
Discover briefly about the state racial biology institute in Uppsala.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Museum Gustavianum, 3 Akademigatan, Uppsala 753 10 Sweden
Experience the different history of the Nordic region's oldest university; hear about the founding to be better than the Danes, brutal student housing in the 17th century, the university as a city in the city with its own judges, prisons, police, craftsmen, etc. and the student in the 18th century who signed a contract with the devil. Gustavianum is strictly for renovation but takes the exterior of the anatomical theater etc., the building itself has an exciting history that awaits ..
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Uppsala University Main Building, 3 Biskopsgatan The University Main Building is currently closed for interior renovations., Uppsala 753 10 Sweden
We visit the University House, the largest party building and hear about the park where Uppsala farm was located where essential teaching in German, French, dance, riding and drawing occurred for the children of the nobles who enrolled at 8-9 years of age at the university. We enter the University House if it is open. Hear about the architect so it went bankrupt and the scandal house.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Carolina Rediviva University Library, Drottninggatan Box 510, Uppsala 751 20 Sweden
We end the tour outside the University Library Carolina Revidiva. Hear about the silver spade that the university had to redeem from the architect's heirs, about the books that crowded the banquet hall and the letter to the devil a student wrote in the 18th century.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Riddartorget, Uppsala, Sweden
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- If you want a mask or gloves, you are warmly welcome to do so.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.