City Tour of Kherson from Odessa
During this tour you know more about countryside of the Southern Ukraine when you will transfer to Kherson. Destination from Odessa to Kherson is 200 kilometers and you will get the Kherson in 3 hours where the guide will meet you and provide the City Tour of Kherson. You'll visit the pearl of the South - Kherson city the capital of Tavria region. City tour of Kherson explores what you won’t find in the guidebooks: facts that are not known, long forgotten, that are not discussed, and that are overlooked. You will learn the amazing history of Kherson, without which the history of the Southern Ukraine would not exist.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private guided tour
- 3-hours City tour of Kherson with local guide
- Learn about the Kherson from professional guide
- 1 hour free time for purchasing the souvenirs and meeting the local restaurant for lunch
- Tour includes transportation to Kherson and back and hotel pick-up and drop-off in Odessa
- Round way transportation Odessa-Kherson-Odessa by private car or by minivan or by minibus
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Extra service
- Entrance fees to the museums
- Entry/Admission - St. Catherine's Cathedral
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. Catherine's Cathedral, vul. Perekopska 13, Kherson 73003 Ukraine
3 hours guided tour of Kherson will inform you about the history of its land. Kherson was founded in 1778 by military leader Grigory Potemkin - Prince Tavricheski /Tauride/ as a fortress to protect the newly acquired Black Sea frontage of Russia. The town became the first Russian naval base and shipyard on the Black Sea. He leaded the settlement economical assimilation of the Southern Black Sea region, foundation of the cities: Kherson, Mykolaev, Sevastopol, and Ekaterinislav, organisation of Black Sea Fleet, Formation of Black Sea Cossack Battalion.
Today Kherson is the city with the Cargo Port what deliver agricultural products to different country of the world. Also Kherson well known as major ship-building industry town.
During 3 hours tour guide pick up you from the hotel and you can expect the most interesting places of Kherson: Kherson Fortress Assemble 1781-1786, Artillery Arsenal 1784, The Cathedral of St. Catherine 1781, Well 1784, Gunpowder Cellars 1784, Ochakov Gate, Moskow Gate, Monument to the shipbuilders on the river bank, River port, Monuments to: Grigory Alexandrovich Potemkin (1739-1791), Aleksandr Vasil‘evich Suvorov (1730-1800), Fyodor Fyodorovich Ushakov (1745-1817), Greek Sopia Church, Kherson Musical school, Firs Yacht Club founded by Nikolay II – the last Emperor of Russia, Monument to the WWII, The Chabad Synagogue /XIX/, The Scarlatto House /XIX/, The academic musical-dramatic theater was built in 1884. Architect B. Dabrowski took one of the best theaters of the Russian Empire - Odessa Opera House - as the basis of the project, Scythian pectoral monument and etc.
Local food market will interesting for you to know a lot kind of fresh, salted, salmon fish ant it caviar what are in Dnipro, fresh tomato, hot-red-chilli-pepper, cucumber, potato, melon, water-melon and etc.
After the tour around Kherson you will have the 1 hour free time for the purchasing the souvenirs on Yshakova street and meeting the
local restaurant for the lunch.
Tour ends with the hotel drop-off to Odessa.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Ochakovskiye Gates of Kherson Fortress, Perekopska vul. 13, Kherson 73002 Ukraine
Ochakovskiye Gates of Kherson Fortress
Pass By: Monument to the Shipbuilders, Oktyabrskaya Sq., Kherson 73009 Ukraine
Monument to the Shipbuilders in Kherson
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Traveler's centrally located Hotel or Apartment in Odessa.Please inform centrally address of your stay in Odessa in your booking with Hotel name, house number and street name.In case You don't know your pick up location in Odessa we can meet youin Downtown at the main entrance to the Odessa Opera and Ballet TheaterUkraine, 65026, Odessa, Lane Tchaikovsky 1.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Dress code is formal
- Please inform the address of your stay in Kiev
- Please inform the time-meeting of the day of the tour
- Please inform about your cell phone number. *optional
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.