City Tour of Arequipa
Arequipa, the white city of Peru offers you many interesting highlights: One of them is its historic city center and the traditional towns around the city. Come with us in our daily tour, elaborated with an itinerary that show you something more of our beautiful city.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional English/Spanish guide
- Hotel pickup.
- Live commentary on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Monastery of Santa Catalina entrance fee
- Other entrance fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Historic Centre of Arequipa, Arequipa Peru
We start the tour driving towards to the district of Cayma, one of Arequipa’s traditional districts, taking as a route the new bride of “Chilina” that allow as to enjoy a view of our city and its terraces with the Chili River. In Cayma we will visit the Main Plaza and its Church, where the Dominican monks built a chapel in the year 1544 and today this Chapel is the sanctuary of the Virgin of Candelaria.
Finishing with this visit we will drive to the area of Añashuayco; place where the famous volcanic stone “Sillar” is extracted (Sillar is the white volcanic stone that is used in the construction of colonial buildings in the city of Arequipa).
Stop At: Yanahuara, Suburb of Arequipa, Arequipa Peru
In the area of Añashuayco, your guide will give you information about the origin and geological formations of the quarries and we will have the opportunity to observe the hard work that this job takes.
We will drive to Yanahuara; where we will visit the popular market of Antiquilla, that until today keep the colonial building style of the “Old Arequipa” and Yanahuara Main Plaza, having a wonderful view of the city and its volcanoes and exploring some traditional streets. After Yanahuara we keep forward to Arequipa Main Square (Plaza de armas) where you guide will give information about history and details of its infrastructure, and important points about the Cathedral. Our tour will finish taking you to the entrance of Monastery of Santa Catalina.
(On request the tour can finish also in Main Plaza). In Monastery Santa Catalina your guide will provide assistance for whoever wants to visit the Monument.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Note: If you require an infant seat, we can assign one for an extra cost.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour does not have specific restrictions unless you are in a very bad serious health conditions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.