Cité de Carcassonne Guided Walking tour. Private tour.
This is the biggest fortified city in Europe, and you cannot miss some history details to unsderstand better this magnificient site! Learn more about the Cathars. Easy walk, 1h30 to 2 hours
per adult from
90 to 120 minutes
What's included :
- Private guide
What's excluded :
- Visit of the Château Comtal / Entrance fees to the Château Comtal
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Historic Fortified City of Carcassonne, A61 West Sur la Rive droite de l'Aude, 11000 Carcassonne Center, Carcassonne France
Visit the Cité de Carcassonne Unesco World Heritage listed walled city. A medieval fortress settlement with a history that exceeds two and a half thousand years with picturesque fortifications, over 3 km of walls with 52 towers. Although Carcassonne established its roots in the Neolithic period, it only became relevant as a region when the Romans fortified its hilltop, which would later turn into Cité de Carcassonne.
La Cité is a stunning and unique place to visit. Strolling through the medieval village with its tiny and twisted alleys The medieval charm and detail of this ancient city transports you back in time and impresses you at every corner.
Learn more about this fortress and its history including the Period of the crusade against the Cathars…
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Porte Narbonnaise, 11000 Carcassonne, France
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.