Christmas food and walking tour in Athens
Are you planning to visit Athens during Christmas time and you want to explore the original Christmas tastes of the City? We invite you to join our unique Christmas walking tour and get the real taste of Christmas in Athens! During this 3 hour walking tour, you will walk in Christmas Athens like a local, you will visit all the right places and Christmas markets in which you ‘ll sample not only Christmas tastes but also various Greek favorite products enjoyed by locals in their everyday life, nutritious greek delicacies in legendary local stores and listen to exciting facts about the different delicacies we taste and the places we visit!
per adult from
What's included :
- Local taxes
- All the food tastings mentioned
- Local foodie guide
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Hygiene products (hand sanitizers, face masks)
- Entry/Admission - Ermou Street
- Entry/Admission - Agia Irini Church
- Entry/Admission - Varvakios Central Municipal Market
- Entry/Admission - Psirri
- Entry/Admission - Monastiraki
What's excluded :
- Private expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Syntagma, Syntagma, Athens, Attica
We meet at the most central place in Athens and start the tour at the heart of Christmas Athens!
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Ermou Street, Athens Greece
As we admire the main shopping street of Athens decorated for Christmas and crowded by locals we will visit a famous place and taste traditional Christmas treats and especially Kurabiedes and Melomakarona!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Agia Irini Church, 36 Aiolou Street, Athens Greece
At the crowded Agia Irini square we will taste one of Greece's most famous treats, lukumades, aka the Greek donut!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Varvakios Central Municipal Market, Athinas 42, Athina 105 51, Greece
We reach the Athens central food markets, the liveliest part of Athens, especially during the Christmas period, we will walk in between customers and shop owners and experience the amazing atmosphere! Around that area we will taste various authentic Greek tastes, such us, cheeses, cold cuts and more! Of course a visit to the market area wouldn't be complete without olives and nuts tasting directly from the market!
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Psirri, Athens Greece
At this beautiful and alternative Athenian district, with a lot of stories to tell, we will visit one of the best place for pies, enjoy Greek coffee or another hot drink! We will also visit one of the oldest bakeries in town and taste the favorite Greek snack! Right by the corner we will pass by the most photographed Christmas place in Athens and have the opportunity to take lots of photos!
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Monastiraki, Athens Greece
It wouldn't be an Athens food experience without tasting different varieties of honey, traditional Christmas drinks and of course the extra virgin olive oil! Learn what make an olive oil extra virgin and how to recognize the high quality! Later, visit a popular restaurant and try the most famous street food in Greece , suvlaki!
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Syntagma Square, Plateia Syntagmatos, Athina, Greece
Return Detail :Monastiraki, Athina, Greece
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please inform us for any food allergies or preferences
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Please not that during afternoon and Sunday tours the main central food market of Athens is closed
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- The company follows the rules as announced by the Greek National Public Health Organization
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.