Christian Rome: Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel & Appian Catacombs Guided Tour
See the magnificent highlights of Vatican City with the advantage of the skip-the-line entrance and official professional guides. Explore one of the most extraordinary collections of art in the world; pause in the Sistine Chapel; admire Michelangelo's masterpiece, and from there visit at your own pace St. Peter's Basilica.
After your Vatican tour, reach our office in via Della Polveriera 8 (on your own) and enjoy an in-depth experience in one of the most exciting and visited places in Rome, the Catacombs on the Ancient Appian Way. You'll descend into a complex network of underground tunnels, among the longest in the world, where you can admire ancient frescoes, crypts rich in inscriptions, small mausoleums, sarcophagi, tombs. You'll also find the burial of famous people like popes, martyrs and, according to legends, even some apostles.
The catacombs that we'll visit (San Calisto, San Sebastiano, or Santa Domitilla) will change depending on the day.
per adult from
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Professional Guide
- Transfer from Via della Polveriera to the Catacombs
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - Parco Archeologico dell'Appia Antica
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Guide service during the transfer to the Catacombs
- Transfer from the Vatican Museum to Via della Polveriera
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican City, Vatican City, Lazio
Introduction on the Vatican City and Vatican History while entering into the Museum.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Discover the treasures hosted by one of the largest and most-visited museums of the world enriched by a considerable number of masterpieces collected through time.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Admire the major representatives of Italian art such as Leonardo, Perugino, Beato Angelico, and many more
Towards the end of this tour, you will visit the beautiful Sistine Chapel to admire Michelangelo’s masterpiece: The Last Judgement.
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
After the tour, enjoy privileged access to St. Peter's Basilica.
Note: WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE TO VISIT THE BASILICA DURING RELIGIOUS HOLIDAYS AND CEREMONIES (Audiences, Beatifications, Masses of the POPE). The Basilica is often subject to sudden closures. In these cases it is not possible to guarantee access to the Basilica.
Stop At: Parco Archeologico dell'Appia Antica, Piazza delle Finanze 1, 00185 Rome Italy
Starting, with a small group, from our travel agency, near the Colosseum, you will be comfortably transported on an air-conditioned vehicle, in one of the most interesting and visited places in Rome, the "catacombs" on the Via Appia Antica.
Walk along the majestic Aurelian Walls and come to the archaeological area of the Via Appia Antica, immersed in the green Roman countryside, you will descend into the ancient world of the Catacombs, a complex network of underground tunnels among the longest in the world, which occupies an area of about fifteen hectares, consisting of about 60 kilometers of tunnels on several levels. The catacombs that we will visit (San Calisto, San Sebastiano or Santa Domitilla), for your tour will change depending on the day, but from where we go, you will have the opportunity to see ancient frescoes, crypts rich in inscriptions carved in the walls, niches with still remains of skeletons, small mausoleums, sarcophagi, tombs and small chapels that still today, after about 2000 years, are still used to celebrate religious rites.
Here you will find the burial of famous people like popes, martyrs and, according to legends, even some apostles.
After the tour, back in the sunlight, your driver will take you back to the original starting point in Via Della Polveriera.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1: Via Vespasiano, 28, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
2: Via della Polveriera, 8, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :10:45 AM
Return Detail :Via della Polveriera, 8, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Customers have a mandatory meeting time stated 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time for the Vatican Museum and 15 minutes before the starting time for the Catacombs tour, due to managing and organizational reasons.If you arrive late to the stated meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again. As per "No Show" rules you will not be entitled to a refund.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and Vatican Museum. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- To get inside the monuments it is used group ticket and not individual one. It cannot be asked just the ticket entrance.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The activity can suffer 20/30 min variation due to organizational resons
- Please be advised capacity regulations and security may delay the tour departure This could also influence the smooth running of the tour especially on national holidays and events
- Cancellations, changes or issues due to weather, security and events held by the monument are beyond our control and are directly decided by their administration team. These issues will be reviewed by us and dealt with on an individual basis but are the responsibility of the monument.
- You must have a valid photo ID to enter the monuments (student's ID, Driver License, Passport or State ID all work.) You will be asked to also provide your name, last name and date of birth (at the beginning of the tour, if not provided beforehand.) Security may prevent you from entering the site if the information provided is not accurate and/or don't match the one on your ID.
- Child discount is applied only with a valid ID card
- Note: tour will not operate on religious holidays
- WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE TO VISIT THE BASILICA DURING RELIGIOUS HOLIDAYS AND CEREMONIES (Audiences, Beatifications, Masses of the POPE). The Basilica is often subject to sudden closures. In these cases it is not possible to guarantee access to the Basilica.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- All visitors must pass through the monument/attraction security check please allow at least 20 minutes to clear security.
- Please be aware that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the monument/ attraction. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the monument.
- For security reasons all visitors and their luggage shall be screened. To facilitate the security checks please insert any object (including mobile phone) in the bag/backpack or in the tray to be included in the X-ray
- Transpostation to the Catacombs will be lead by a professional dirver (not a guide)
- The catacomb temperature is about 60°F and the moisture content is high; please dress appropriately
- No one can visit the catacombs on their own, nor stray from their group along the route, nor cross the gates that delimit the paths open to the public
- It is forbidden to touch the exhibits along the visit path
- It is forbidden to remove any object and/or material
- No photos allowed
- Food and drink are not allowed
- No change on a booking can be accepted after 24hrs to the starting time of the tour. In that instance, no refund will be issued.
- For the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Pets are not allowed
- Not recommended for people with walking difficulties or walker users
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We kindly inform you that any kind of disability (visual impairment, hearing impairment,... ) or anything that might prevent you to regularly join the tour, MUST BE communicate in advance to our staff.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.