Chonta 1 day: the viewpoint of the condors in Cusco - private service
Explore the new natural wonders in the Andes of Cusco. Visit the 7-color mountain Wallata Kunka (Andean goose pass, 4,900 meters / 16,076 feet) located in the Palcoyo or Palccoyo Community and the beautiful 4 Lagoons located in the lands of the cacique Tupac Amaru II (José Gabriel Condorcanqui).
In this new tourist circuit: you will walk along a gentle path and only for 1 hour, you will see three mountains of 7 colors and admire the impressive panoramic view of the Andes mountain range and the majestic mountain “Ausangate” the fifth highest mountain in Peru (6,384 meters / 20,945 feet). In the lands of the Cacique, admire the four fantastic lagoons: Mishk’iqocha (Sweet Lagoon), P’osqoqocha (malodorous lagoon), Acopia and Pumacanchi. Also, you will able to see the abundance of Andean fauna and even the daily activity of the locals.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pick up from your hotel
- Private T0urist van
- Professional Tour guide
- 01 lunch
- Entrance to Chonta canyon.
- Entry/Admission - El Mirador de Los Condores Cusco
What's excluded :
- Drinks: mineral water between others
- Walking poles
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: El Mirador de Los Condores Cusco, A, Limatambo 08471 Peru
Cusco – Quillarumiyoc – Tarawasi – The Condor Viewpoint Chonta Cusco.
At 8 a.m., our private guide will pick you up from any hotel you are spending the night and then head to the northwest of the city by bus.
Your trip will be totally slow visiting some archeological sites such as Killarumiyoc and Tarawasi which are small Inca constructions that have a wonderful structure and you will also pass through Limatambo which is the small and modern town where you can find everything and it is the lunch place.
From Limatambo you will take the bus in the zig-zag to the community of Chonta and from here, you will start walking following a flat path to the Condor Viewpoint Chonta Cusco and if you do not want to walk for an hour and a half you can rent a horse.
After 3 p.m. the Andean condors (Vultur gryphus) begin to return from their daily activities, later, they can already visually enjoy the majestic flights of the condor over the Apurimac River Canyon and finally, return to the city of Cusco arriving at approximately
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Cusco, Peru
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.