Chongqing Private Tour: Full Day to Dazu Rock Carvings and Ciqikou Old Town
Take a private guided tour to Dazu from Chongqing. Visit the UNESCO World Heritage listed Baoding Frescoes to see the fascinating rock carvings and marvel at the thousands of figures carved into the cliff- side at Baoding. Enjoy a delicious Chinese lunch and visit Ciqikou old town on the way back to Chongqing city.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- An English-speaking local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip private transfer
- Admission fee of Mount Baoding
- Lunch - Chinese Lunch will be served in a local restaurant
- Entry/Admission - Baoding Mountain Carved Stone
What's excluded :
- Children's entrance fee
- Electromobile charges
- Luggage service fee
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Baoding Mountain Carved Stone, 16 km Northeast of Dazu County, Dazu County 402360 China
Your guide will meet you at 08:00 in the lobby of your Chongqing hotel or Chongqing pier where Yangtze River cruise stopped. From there you will be picked up where your private air conditioned car will be waiting and you will travel west of Chongqing to Dazu. The journey will take approximately 2.5 hours.
Dazu is the location of 75 World Heritage protected sites containing around 50,000 statues dating back to the 7th century. The statues and carvings are a blend of Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism that all existed harmoniously alongside each other during the early Tang Dynasty period. The remoteness of the site and difficult access saved it from any damage during the Cultural Revolution and it is now a greatly prized treasure for visitors to enjoy. The most spectacular carvings and engravings are found at the sites located at Mount Baoding.
Your guide will lead you around the Mount Baoding carvings consist of almost 10,000 figures carved into the cliff side and are located in 13 groups around the site. These contain some of the most descriptive and colorful Buddhist carvings in the whole area.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ciqikou (Porcelain Port), 14 km W of Chongqing, Chongqing 400030 China
After your visit to Mount Baoding you will return to Chongqing and go to one of the older parts of Chongqing, Ciqikou Old Town. The name Ciqikou comes from the word Ciqi meaning ceramic and it was from here that ceramics were traded and shipped from the town pier during the Qing Dynasty. Now the old town is a collection of tea houses, craft shops and cafes, but just behind the main street you can still find old traditional buildings and temples to explore such as the Zhong Family Compound and the Han Lin Academy. You can enjoy a walk all the way down to the waterfront through this fascinating part of Chongqing.
Following your visit to Ciqikou you will be taken to your Chongqing downtown hotel at around 19:00, where your tour ends.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If your pick-up location is not within the scoop of definition, your guide will meet you at an appointed place and transfer you back to the same location after the tour ends, or you can pay additional car charge for pickup and drop-off service from your hotel.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.