Chocolate and Vanilla Discovery
Cultivated by the Mayans and the Aztecs, the cacao bean and vanilla plant both have their origins in Mexico. Over the years they have seen many different forms: from drinks to bars, from extracts to synthetics. On this tour, you’ll get a chance to explore chocolate and vanilla treats you’ve never even conceived of… and some old favorites, too!
While we can’t cover 4,000 years of history in one tour (we’re currently testing a 4,000-year tour, but our trial group hasn’t come back yet), we can give you a taste of chocolate and vanilla through history.
Try old-style authentic chocolate drinks, direct descendants of those the Maya drank
Enjoy delicious vanilla flan and artisan ice cream
Visit the ChocoMuseo, where the chocolate sweets of the modern era are waiting to greet you!
per adult from
What's included :
- Chocolate and Vanilla Discovery Dessert Tour
- Chocolate in a variety of ways
- Vanilla Bean education and samples
- Pre-hispanic drinks made from corn and cacao beans
- Complimentary pictures
- Bottled water
- Beautiful reusable tote bag
What's excluded :
- Extra desserts, chocolate and gifts to take back to your hotel or vacation rental
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Malecon Boardwalk, Calle Paseo Diaz Ordaz S/N Centro, Puerto Vallarta 48300 Mexico
Our gorgeous seawall with sculpture and beautiful art.
Departure Point :Banorte Malecon, Paseo Díaz Ordaz 690, Centro, 48300 Puerto Vallarta, Jal., Mexico
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Xocodiva Artisan Chocolate, Aquiles Serdán 368, Zona Romántica, Emiliano Zapata, 48380 Puerto Vallarta, Jal., Mexico
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- The walking is flat, but there are stairs for guests with mobility issues, this may not be the best tour
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.