Chitlang Markhu Overnight Hiking Trip
Chitlang is an ancient Historical Places located in Makawanpur district. It is a place famous for its organic vegetable and animals farming. You can visit the amazing pear farming. It is just about to 12 KM away from Katmandu and a best place for them who wants to hike nearer to Kathmandu. While hiking you can see the amazing forest around the Kathmandu valley, cool wavy air and moderate climate will make your trip much easy and comfortable. After reaching to Chitlang you will be surprised to feel the amazing differences. Fresh air, greenery environment, helpful local people will make you feel special Hiking to this place is suitable for whole year. You can observe typical newari culture, local life, boating in a lake where there is a crystal clear fresh water. Home Stay is the central attraction of this tour beside it you can enjoy the organic pear farming, sheep farming, and fishery as well as the dairy products.
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Professional English speaking tour/hike guide.
- Nice and clean lodge/home stay accommodation for the overnight stay.
- Private transportation from Kathmandu hotel to Thankot and back from Kulekhani to Kathmandu.
What's excluded :
- Personal expanses.
- Services that isn't mentioned above.
- Entry/Admission - Holidays to Nepal Pvt. Ltd.
- Entry/Admission - Indrasarobar Lake इन्द्रसरोवर ताल
Day 1: Hike starts from Kathmandu to Chitlang Village
Stop At: Holidays to Nepal Pvt. Ltd., Thamel Marg 26, Kathmandu 00977, Nepal
At 07:00 AM: Our guide and driver will meet you at your hotel. After a short tour briefing you will drive to Thankot hill station.
08:30 AM: Start you hike towards Chitlang village. The distance is about 11 km from there.
While hiking up to the hills and at plain greenery you can see the far sight mountain and the rainforest of Nepal.
AT 2:00 PM: You will reach to Chitlang village for your lunch. You can be freshen up if you desire to take rest.
In the evening you can start the your sightseeing around the organic pear farm, sheep farm, dairy farm, plain and sloppy hills with fully greenery covered area. As this place is perfect for photography. Amazing cool environment and greenery add the beauty on your photography skills.
Duration: 8 hours
• Lunch: Lunch will be on the way to Chitlang or after reaching at the finished point.
• Dinner: Dinner will be serve at the accommodation. There won't me many choices on items.
Accommodation included: Overnight stay in a local lodge or in a home stay.
Day 2: Hike to Markhu-kulekhani-Kathmandu
Stop At: Indrasarobar Lake इन्द्रसरोवर ताल, Indrasarobar Rural municipality, कुलेखानी 44100, Nepal
At 8:00 AM: After your breakfast, start your hike towards Markhu and Lake Indra Sarobar.
Experience the wooden boat ride at this man made lake. You could taste some verities dishes of local fish. During the walk explore some more greenery and landscape view. Here you could obtain the best photo shoot. Warm sunrise with cold wavy air makes you feel so comfortable.
At 01:00 PM: Start your drive from Markhu to Kathmandu. We will drop you back at your hotel around 3:30 PM.
Duration: 9 hours
• Breakfast: We will serve a local type of breakfast at the lodge for you.
• Lunch: You will have your lunch at Markhu village.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We do pick up and drop off from your staying location around Kathmandu valley. Guest must inform us the exact location in advance.
Departure Time :6:45 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.