Chingaza National Park. The legend of El Dorado
The day trip to The Chingaza National Park is one of the most spectacular scenes to take pictures, walk in the middle of the nature, breath pure air, clean the mind, feel free and alive.
In this tour we will visit Siecha Lakes which belong to the National Park of Chingaza a chain of mountains with varied landscapes, changing from flat terrain to steep cliffs that rise over deep precipices. It was a land of Indigenous groups that historically inhabited the area, the Chibcha or Muisca. Also is a place of the majestic Andean Condor and several threatened mammal species like the spectacled bear, two tapir species and the puma.
It is located near Bogotá and it is one of the most beautiful places for nature lovers just about 60 km from the city. Most of the Chingaza territory possesses “paramo” ecosystem which can only be met in Colombia above 3.000m.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Bottled water
- Chingaza National Park fee
What's excluded :
One hour and half of Bogotá you will be connected with The Paramo of Chingaza National Park, Siecha Lagoons, this wonderful water factory was sacred temples where Muiscas practiced the incredible rites like El Dorado.
The Sacred Lagoon of Siecha is a place to walk, contemplate in silence and find oneself. It is a sacred natural temple, inhabited by wild species of fauna and flora, such as deer, eagles, and frailejones grandparents.
This was a place where many pieces of gold from the rituals of the Muisca were found. Like the raft that rests in the Gold Museum.
• Parque Nacional Natural Chingaza, Bogota Colombia
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The guide will pick you up in one of the meeting points, if you want to be picked up in a specific place it has an extra cost.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.