Chinese Paper Folding Fan – Half-day Chinese Handicraft Workshop in Hangzhou
1. Appreciate the depth of the art of the folding fan. Get a crash course in Chinese fan culture in the China Fan Museum.
2. Watch pro craftspeople up close as they work in the 100-year-old Wang Xing Ji Fanmakers craft workshop. Learn the knowledge you need to craft a Chinese paper folding fan DIY.
3. Hands-on workshop. Follow along with a resident artisan fancraft to make you own Chinese paper folding fan, then let a grandmaster of traditional Chinese painting guide you to decorate the leaf of your fan.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Museum guide fees
- Fan crafting workshop instructor fees and material costs
- English interpreter/activity guide fee organization costs
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
In the morning we meet up then head for the China Fan Museum to be greeted by our professional museum guide and enter the museum doors.
Inside, upwards of a thousand masterwork fans from each age and era reveal the history and development of fan art and culture in China. Admire the displays, then hear the story of the highlight piece of the museum.
At midday step out into the sunshine for a snack-and-stroll walk on the Grand Canal banks. In the afternoon, arrive at the doors to ground-zero, the 100-year time-honored Chinese brand of Wang Xing Ji Fan Industry Co. Ltd.
First, enjoy a quick look through the collection of the last hundred years of their work. Afterwards, enter the Wang Xing Ji handcraft workshop garage and get first-hand proof that true to tradition, even today each and every Wang Xing Ji fan is a pure work of hand craft.
Now it's time to experience the craft for yourself! Under the guidance of Wang Xing Ji heritage art fan craft personnel, learn and apply traditional fancraft techniques to make your own fan, then join the resident master artist to add personalized decorative flair to your work.
After completing two fans we finish up and the tour concludes.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up at the centrally located Hangzhou hotels or Hangzhou Train Stations
Departure Time :12:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.