Chinatown from a Bicycle Saddle
Touring through Bangkok’s Chinatown is an experience on its own, yet doing this on a bicycle adds even more flavor to this amazing myriad of street and alleys. Explore forgotten temples, exotic markets and a true look into the Bangkok of old.
• Pedal through an endless happening of colours, of Bangkok;
• Cross the Chao Phraya to see its riverside monuments;
• A cycling trip through little-known parts of Chinatown;
• Take small alleys, unbeknownst by many
• Use of well-maintained bicycles with helmet
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request and may be subject to supplementary charges
- Transportation by car / mini-van / coach with professional driver from and to the meeting point
- Use of a well-maintained bicycle during the tour, complete with helmet
- Ferry tickets across the Chao Phraya River
- One bottle of drinking water and refreshing towels during the day
- All applicable taxes and service
- All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description
- 3rd party accident insurance
- Entry/Admission - Princess Mother Memorial Park
- Entry/Admission - Temple Of Dawn (Wat Arun)
What's excluded :
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- For joint tour: transfers from / to your booked accommodation from / to the indicated meeting point.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chinatown - Bangkok, Yaowarat Road Samphanthawong, Samphanthawong, Bangkok 10100 Thailand
Your driver will wait for you at your hotel lobby in the morning in the early morning and transfer you to the starting point where your bicycles will be checked and measured in accordance to your height.
From here, we head into Chinatown on our bikes. Here, alleys disappear into forgotten temples, exotic markets spill onto the streets, and striking architecture spirals skyward. This tour exhibits Bangkok's authentic dichotomy where, within mere street blocks, the lively bustle of Chinatown melts into the soothing embrace of country back roads.
This two-wheeled adventure allows guests to cover a lot of ground and gain a fascinating insight into the ‘Bangkok of Old’.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Princess Mother Memorial Park, Soi 3 Somdet Chao Phraya Rd. Khlong San District, Bangkok Thailand
After Chinatown, the Princess Mother Memorial Park and Museum is our next stop of the morning. The park contains gardens and a reproduction of the royal mother’s childhood home, as well as two exhibition halls showing memorabilia of the princess and the royal family.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Santa Cruz Church, 112 Thesaban 1 Rd. Wat Kalaya, Thon Buri, Bangkok 10600 Thailand
The route ventures off the beaten path to see some lesser known sites that are not on the recognized tourist trail making this an interesting insight few visitors experience. A journey across the Chao Phraya River to the old capital of Thonburi includes visits to less known temples on the quiet back roads of this area, with stops at the occasional market as the group heads to the Santa Cruz Catholic Church, a remembrance of the times, the Portuguese called Thailand their base for trading and the nearby Temple of Good Friends.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Temple Of Dawn (Wat Arun), 158 Thanon Wang Doem, Wat Arun, Bangkok Yai, Bangkok 10600 Thailand
Before crossing back to the Bangkok side, we cannot skip one of city’s landmarks that have stood the test of time, The Temple of Dawn. This magnificent shrine is decorated with ceramic pieces from top to bottom and has a pagoda, which soars 79 meters into the sky.
Our guide will leisurely cycle back to the starting point, where your driver awaits you already to bring you back to your hotel in downtown Bangkok.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Sri Krungthep Hotel, 5 Siri Phong Rd, Khwaeng Samran Rat, Khet Phra Nakhon, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10200, Thailand
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Bangkok hotels. (For Private Tour only) Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated both on private basis as well as on joint / Seat-In-Coach basis with an English-speaking guide only.
- Customers who book for the joint / Seat-in-Coach option are required to transfer on own arrangement to the start of the experience; no transfers are included. ion, we are unable to communicate with you with accurate participation numbers, as these may change until the very last moment. Should you have booked a joint / Seat-In-Coach excursion, we are unable to communicate with you with accurate participation numbers, as these may change until the very last moment.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- For customers who book the private basis, transfers are only operated within the downtown Bangkok areas and restricted to main hotels only. Regions outside the central business district such as Khao San Road, Rattanakosin, Nonthaburi, Thonburi, Minburi, both International Airports, Ratchadapisek and upper Sukhumvit (Soi 55 and further) are excluded and supplementary charges apply.
- We regret that are unable to provide pick-up and drop-off transfer services from and to apartment complexes, local guest houses or private apartments. We advise you kindly to head on your own arrangement to the nearest hotel inside the downtown Bangkok area.
- Customers booking this leisurely bicycle tour may expect some light hills, unequal terrain and/or some bike carrying along the way. A minimal degree of fitness may be needed to enjoy this excursion to the fullest.
- Royal temples and palaces uphold a very strict dress code: it is essential that you dress appropriately during this excursion by wearing clothes that cover shoulders and fall below the knees. Customers wearing shirts with obscene and disrespectful prints and pictures and brightly-coloured clothing may be refused entrance.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- This tour is not suitable for families with younger children; a limited amount of children bicycles are available and are on request.
- It is recommendable to provide your height for proper bike size at time of the booking.
- This bicycle tour is a recreational one and covers approximately 13 kilometres of cycling with various stops made en route.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 999 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.