Chiang Rai: Guided Hot Air Balloon Sightseeing Tour
After an early morning pick up from your Chiang Rai hotel, arrive at an authentic farm at Ban Chomna Resort. Enjoy a refreshing tropical Welcome Drink, such as mint, lemon grass or seasonal juice.
Watch the Ground Crew prepare for the 'Once-In-A-Lifetime' experience of hot-air ballooning over the stunning Chiang Rai countryside. The experience will take approximately 45 to 60 minutes and will be at dawn, just as the sun rises to start a new day.
After landing, take part in the Post Flight Champagne Celebration in the grass hut stations right in the middle of the rice field. Then it is time for an organic Lanna Style A -La-Carte Breakfast with stream sticky rice harvested from their own rice field, together with local herb juice, fruits and vegetables fresh from the garden.
Should you wish, you'll get a kick out of a fun farming activity for about 30 minutes (optional) following which you'll be driven back to your Chiang Rai hotel OR to nearby Singha Park.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 'Champagne Celebration' after landing
- Balloon Chiang Rai Certificate
- Hot Air Balloon flight of approximately 50-60 minutes
- One way transfer to Singha Park (optional and as a replacement to your return back to hotel)
- Return transportation from/to hotels in Chiang Rai city area
- Rice Field/Farming Activity (optional)
- Tropical Welcome Drink such as mint, lemon grass or seasonal juice
- Organic Lanna Style A-La-Carte Breakfast
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chomna Resort Chiangrai, 13/1 Moo9 T.Paaoidoichan A.Mueng Chiang Rai Chang Wat Chiang Rai 57000, Thailand
Challenge yourself to get on an extraordinary sky journey in Chiang Rai with a hot air balloon flight. Don't miss a chance to witness the beauty of the dawn, splendid panoramic landscape and historical landmarks from a bird’s eye view. Celebrate the end of your adventurous flight with satisfying breakfast course, paired with tea, coffee and even champagne. In addition, a certification of hot air balloon adventure will be granted as the token of memory!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from all hotels in the Chiang Rai city area. Pick up from Golden Triangle hotels may be requested at an additional charge.
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- All pilots are very experienced and fully licensed, having logged hundreds of hours flying passengers in hot air balloons.
- Balloons/baskets vary in size. Capacity is between 4-8 passengers. Maximum weight is 125 kilograms or 280 pounds. If above this, additional charge of 100percent payable at location. If total weight exceeds permissible weight for flight by law, no refund or alternate flight can be offered.
- Wear suitable clothing that will protect you from heat of the balloon burner and the sun as well as suitable shoes (no flip-flops). Also useful are sunglasses, a hat (that won't fly off!) and binoculars.
- Participants will not be allowed to consume alcoholic beverages or other substances forbidden by Thai law prior or during the services. As a consequence, immediate action will be taken and no refund will be given.
- A balloon flight cannot be delayed because of the late arrival of passengers! Because of meteorological reasons like heat and the thermals building up in the early morning hours the balloon has to take off and land on time!
- A child passenger is defined as: aged 5 years to 11 years inclusive AND MUST be above 137cms. in height. (Any person 136cms. or younger no permitted, regardless of age, due to the height of the basket. No child 4 years or younger permitted. Only one child is permitted per one adult passenger.
- Pregnant women are not permitted to fly
- The launch-pad at Ban Chomna Resort may need to be changed due to various factors, such as winds, etc., as instructed by the local air flight authorities
- At least 2 adults are required for this activity to take place. Single traveler may book this product, but is subject to availability
- Operator is the only licensed Thai ballooning company for commercial flights in Thailand, has received approval for commercial flights and Standard Certification by the Department of Civil Aviation Thailand and therefore guarantees all appropriate safety standards are met.
- The Organic Lanna Style A-La-Carte Breakfast includes rice harvested from their own rice field, together with local herb juice, fruits and vegetables fresh from their garden
- Passengers must pay full attention to the safety briefing given by the pilot in command before the launch of the balloon, ad questions should be put to pilot if the briefing is not understandable or unclear.
- Passengers over 75 years of age must produce a medical certificate advising fit for flight.
- The pilot’s decision is final on all matters, and he or she has full authority over passengers and crew who are to fully comply with his or her instructions or orders at all times.
- Wheelchair can only be on a Request Basis. Operator does not guarantee the availability of wheelchairs.
- A written authorisation by parents or tutor must be submitted at times of reservation and boarding (if child is not traveling with the parents or tutor).
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- I Asia Thailand has an exclusive partnership with 'Safety in Asia’. Being specialists in Health & Safety management in the hospitality industry, they will guide us on the best hygiene practices available. 'Safety in Asia' is FTO (Federation of Tour Operators) approved.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.