Chennai to Mahabalipuram Day Excursion
A day trip to Mammalapuram once a bustling port city of the Pallava dynasty in the 7th century and now famous for its several World Unesco Heritage sites like the Butter Ball, Arjunas Penance, The Shore Temples, the 5 Rathas.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch at a restaurant
- 2-3 pax in a medium size car- sedan/ 3-5 pax in a Toyota Innova/ 5 -10 pax in an AC 10seater vehicle
- 1 Mineral water bottle per person on board the vehicle
- Entrance to monuments
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Entry/Admission - Krishna's Butter Ball
- Entry/Admission - Arjuna's Penance
- Entry/Admission - Shore Temple
- Entry/Admission - Pancha Rathas
What's excluded :
- Tips or gratuities
- Personal expenses (phone calls, food, alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages)
- Anything not specified in inclusions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Krishna's Butter Ball, E Raja St, Mahabalipuram 603104 India
Butterball is a 250 ton ,20 feet high and 5 meter wide massive rock boulder standing on a slippery slope of a hill on less than 4-feet base. Position of the rock is , as if it were to slip, but has been firm always.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Arjuna's Penance, West Raja Street Near Ganesha Ratha, Mahabalipuram 603104 India
A canvas of rock cut sculpture on 2 huge boulders depicting the descent of Ganges and Arjunas Penance , one of the best seen in India and is a part of group of monuments in Mammalapuram designated as a Unesco World Heritage Site
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Shore Temple Rd, Mahabalipuram 603104 India
It is one of the oldest temples built by during the reign of Narasimhavarman 11 of the Pallava dynastly in TamilNadu Mammalapuram nestling on the shores a once very busy port . It consists of two Siva temples and a carving of Anantasayana Vishnu. This historic monument built largely between the 7th and the 9th century has been classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pancha Rathas, Kancheepuram District, Mahabalipuram 603104 India
Pancha Rathas also called the Pandava Rathas are the most excellent architectural structures of nine monolithic temples The five structures areeach chiselled in the shape of a chariot out of large block of stone granite typical of the rock-cut architecture famous during the reign of the Pallavas in the 7th century. The five rathas are named as ‘Dharmaraja Ratha’, ‘Bhima Ratha’, ‘Arjuna Ratha’, ‘Nakula Sahadeva Ratha’, and ‘Draupadi Ratha’ after the five Pandava brothers and their common spouse Draupadi from the great Indian epic ‘Mahabharata’. It is a UNESCO world heritage site.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Chennai International Airport, Grand Southern Trunk Rd, Meenambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600027, India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.