Chengdu Private Tour Of Giant Panda Breeding Research Base and City Highlights With Lunch
See the giant pandas at Chengdu Gaint Panda Breeding and Research Base. Stroll around in Renmin Park to watch matchmakers corner where the local parents put their children's information in a hope to find a right person for their child, sip a cup of tea in a nearly 100-year old tea house as a local people like everyday. Experience Chengdu culture in Kuanzhai Xiangzi-an ancient street of Qing dynasty.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Chinese lunch is served at a local restaurant
- An English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Giant Panda Breeding Research Base (Xiongmao Jidi)
What's excluded :
- Children's entrance fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Drinking tea in Tea-house
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Giant Panda Breeding Research Base (Xiongmao Jidi), No.1375 Xiongmao Avenue the Outside Northern Third Ring Road, Chenghua District, Chengdu 610081 China
Meet your private guide at the lobby of your hotel at 0830 am and transfer by air-conditioned car to Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding, located in parkland about 30 minutes driving from the city center. Here, you will have plenty of time to walk around and enjoy seeing the giant pandas, young and old, as well as the lesser-known red pandas. The younger pandas will fascinate you with their amusing antics as the attendants try to encourage them to climb.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Chengdu Renmin Park, No.12 Shaocheng Road, Qingyang District, Chengdu 610015 China
After leaving these famous Chengdu residents behind, you will be transferred to local restaurant "Zhong Shui Jiao”for a lunch with featured Chengdu snacks served. After lunch, you can walk around Renmin Park (People's Park). Here, you will see many local people coming together mingling with each other. Many will be drinking tea and chatting while others will be dancing, singing, or just sitting and reading. If you are feeling enthusiastic, you can hire a peddle-boat and enjoy the surroundings of the man-made lake in the park.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kuanzhai Alley, East of Tongren Road, west of Changshun Street, Qingyang District, Chengdu 610015 China
Another great place to see Chengdu culture is Kuanzhai Xiangzi (Wide and Narrow alleys), a location within the old Chengdu city where troops were housed during the Ming Dynasty. Over time, the surrounding city fell into ruin; however, Kuanzhai Xiangzi survived the ravages of time. The area was restored between 2003 and 2008, and Wide Alley now has traditional tea-houses and old lodges as well as the opportunity to watch a traditional puppet show. Narrow Alley is a good place to see the old courtyard culture of Chengdu with gardens, trees and houses to visit. A third ‘alley’ is called Well Alley and after reconstruction, it now houses a conglomerate of restaurants, cafes, shops and pubs.
Transferred back to your Chengdu hotel where tour ends.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.